• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MUSKY TIP-UP'S

DUCKJ

Dose anyone target muskies through the ice, and do have any luck?? Im looking at doing this on Sunday and could use some help on what depth to tartget.
Thanks for any help.
Happy Hunting
Duck

I have targeted them and managed 2 in one day. My first 2 through the ice too by the way. On my first outing using this "Sucker-um-in" system.

I used a Wind Tip-up and 7" Mooneye on a quick strike rig. A hearing, dead sucker, or a Goldeye may work about as well, I don't know? I just like feeding big fish Mooneye I guess? wink.gif

I set the wind tip-up next to me about 20' away and aggressively rip-jigged a mag Rattle Trap next door. I switched off with a BIG Saltwater Sized ZIP and the Mag Rattle Trap. I had more come in for a peek that day with the Trap. The water was a bit murky so that may have been the deal too? Thump and noise is what I wanted to call them in for a closer look. Agitate the snot out of them and then stop...let them take it out on the bait bouncing on the tip-up.

They came in to check out the Trap commotion and both hit the bobbing Goldeye after circling a few times.

I can't wait to give it a go again. It was a hoot!

Works well on big pike too Eh. wink.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>