• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early Vegas odds for The ICE series champion AKA "The World's Greatest Ice Angler"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Shocked! I do plan on attending all of the events The Hubby and I have to sit down and figure out if we can make it to all of the events together or my dad is able to fish with me also - He's pretty good at Mille Lacs and LOW. Red Lake should be no problem grin.gif me being I.B.O.T. #59 and all - I hope the Crappie Gods are happy with me at that time. Winni is my downfall have only fished it once or twice years ago. The other possible conflict is if The Hubby doesn't want to go with me I drive a car with no trailer hitch frown.gif Walking out on the lake wouldn't be so fun. I am hooking up the computer at home this weekend so The Hubby can keep up to date on these things.
Thank you for the show of support smile.gif. I think 2 - 1 is admirable. I am looking forward to meeting more of you soon.
Keep Smiling.

[This message has been edited by Hastings gal (edited 12-05-2003).]

4-1 now? Don't the odds makers know that I still don't have an auger? Those fish better be aggressive to break through a foot of ice to hit my topwater presentation. My hooking percentage will be very low smile.gif

On the brite side, I just got my bio bait test packets. It looks like Rice Krispies though. A real bad breakfast joke just popped in my head. :o

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The heavy betting is still going strong for the Worlds Greatest Ice Angler in Vegas. Some surprising new additions and drops.

Here are the current odds:
2-1 Hastings gal - The money is STILL pouring in on this late entry.
5-2 Hounds&Fish & Lavoi - Where did they come from?
3-1 Captain B.R.K
7-2 The Field
7-1 mistermom
7-1 Tbone
7-1 black max
7-1 Bronze Back
8-1 Backwater Eddie (The twin)
8-1 can it be luck
8-1 Coryntracy
9-1 Slow Jigger
10-1 Northlander and Jarod32
10-1 Huskminn and scifisher
12-1 Backwater Eddy - (His other Twin)
14-1 vern and Catch N
15-1 silveroddo and dfv87 (moving up quick)
16-1 Buzzsaw and Gissert
17-1 IceNutt
18-1 Tom Herman (dropping MJ5.- why?..we don't know)
37-2 MJ5 (dropping)
34-1 Dennis Steele
38-1 Kaz
46-1 wallEYES
54-1 frozenminnow
149-1 Seabass77 (no longer bringing up the rear, but may be a very nice sleeper yet)
153-1 Hossienda (His Internet time was cut in half - Poor info hurts his chances)
14,955-1 Jeff Beckwith (Chasing Scott Steil)
14,957-1 Scott Steil (solidly bringing up the rear)

so what kind of odds would a person like me have???? I fish LOW alot in the winter, I haven't fish a ICE event, but am looking at probably fishing all four this year....What kind of odds would you give me??? Just wondering if I have to put some cash on me. The extra cash would come in handy smile.gif haha

Bucks-n-ducks

Bucks-n-ducks

with a name like yours, if it was a fall event Vegas would probably give you pretty good odds.

We all know IceLeaders Pro Staff are going to be out there helping those in need. You might have long odds on lake of the woods if Steil is out helping the less fortunate. He'll give you a wide berth there.

Right now there has been no money placed on you. My guess is you will come in pretty high being a bucks and ducks fan....are you living in Anaheim (Ducks) and originally from Milwaukee (bucks)???

This just in!!!! Scott Steil has agreed to pair up with Bucks-n-ducks bringing up Scott's chances considerably.

Odds are now down to 157-1 for Scott Steil & bucks-n-ducks. The downside is bucks-n-ducks odds of being able to survive a night of partying with Scott are 1,000,000,000,000 to 1. grin.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

well......how does that sound Scott??? I think we could take them odds and prove everyone wrong!!!! I would not bet on them odds with the partying, I turned 21 in September and I ain't a real primed partying machine yet....but oh well. Let me know Scott smile.gif

bucks-n-ducks

PS I'm neither a ducks or a bucks fan!! And neither bucks or ducks look forward to seeing me!!

I will be there to "have more fun". If I do try to find the ice it will have to be with my old partner, seasoned vetran angler Duck-O-Holic. He is a great sleeper...he can actually sleep on a 5 gallon bucket, sitting up, without leaning on anything and not sway back & forth. Plus, he can eat way more shiners than I can.

I do have a back up partner lined up also. Adam Adler, my guide partner. He can eat more shiners then Duck-O-Holic and doesn't nap until the event is over usually.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

The betting just keeps getting stronger for the Worlds Greatest Ice Angler.

Here are the current odds:
2-1 Dennis Steele - WOW-quick move up, they heard in Vegas that every lake in the series has catfish in them and bonus points are awarded for scew-ups. Go figure grin.gif
5-2 Hounds&Fish & Lavoi - Where did they come from?
3-1 Tbone - rising on late news that the doubleFinn twins may decide to combime strategies.
3-1 wallEYES - See Tbone
7-2 The Field
4-1 IcePro - Guess Vegas betters just like the name. Lots of gals betting on this one.
5-1 mistermom - slight rise...his son is helping him.
6-1 Duck-a-holic - Late entrant driven by rumors that Scott Steil will attemp to keep him up all night prior to each event eating shimner minnows so he will be in rare form.
7-1 Hastings gal - dropping on late news that she can't figure out who's a better fishing partner...her dad or her hubby smile.gif.
7-1 black max
7-1 Bronze Back
8-1 WalleyeSnob - another late entrant rising on rumors that he was seen in all the best spots flying FishingMinnesota Logos on a chartreuse background flag smile.gif
8-1 Backwater Eddie (The younger twin)
8-1 can it be luck
8-1 Coryntracy
9-1 Slow Jigger
10-1 Northlander and Jarod32
10-1 Huskminn and scifisher
12-1 Backwater Eddy - (The older twin, has trouble moving)
13-1 silveroddo and dfv87
14-1 vern and Catch N - vern heard their is a new artificial live bait on the market..dohhhh
15-1 bhorn & The Yeti - One blows and one has a BIG FOOT!!!
16-1 Buzzsaw and Gissert
17-1 IceNutt
18-1 Tom Herman (dropping MJ5.- why?..we don't know)
30-1 Captain B.R.K (dropping because they found out what B.R.K stands for)
37-2 MJ5 (dropping)
38-1 Kaz
54-1 frozenminnow
149-1 Seabass77 (no longer bringing up the rear, but may be a very nice sleeper yet)
153-1 Hossienda (His Internet time was cut in half - Poor info hurts his chances)
14,955-1 Jeff Beckwith (Still Chasing Scott Steil)
14,957-1 Scott Steil (solidly STILL bringing up the rear)

Lotsa nickles just in on Dennis Steele... that was an overlay if I ever did see one! Is Secretariat in this thing? Hey ebass if she jumps up and out of a hole in the ice she still counts...drill lots of holes eh?

[This message has been edited by wgmsa (edited 12-08-2003).]

Someone has to be out of their minds!?!?!

Don't put your money down on Dennis. He has a history of breaking stuff during tournaments and events!!!
Also word is out he is't very good in practicing selective harvest on "the other guys" waters!!!!lol

Jim W

(Must be read with the "Godfather theme" in the background)

So was dis I heres about yous all up theres in da frozen tundra movin in on da Godfather's racket? Maybe I should send my associates Guido and Vinny up der to pays yous all a little visit?

But da Godfather is going to make all of yous an offer yous cant refuse.....

All of yous sign up for da ICE Series and da Godfather will bestow his blessing on all of yous and yous children. If yous do this favor for me, I will be forever in yous debt and I might not have so send Vinny and Guido up der to check yous out.

Da Godfather says, "Its better to fish for da fishes den to sleeps wit dem!"

2-1 for Dennis........????????????

Let's see...top ten reasons Dennis should be more like 50,000-1.

1. The RiverPro doesn't help on hard water.

2. He can't see his new Marcum through the smoke in his shack.

3. He can't tell he even has a rod in his hand after holding his 9 foot surf rods all summer.

4. He drives a Ford.

5. He can't figure out how to get a 50 pound flathead through a 6 inch hole.

6. .....

7. .....

8. .....

9. .....

10. .....

Let's see what else you guys can add to that list....

If you're looking for pure fun this winter...

Join the ICE Series
Something for everyone.

1. A Contest (FishingMN Pro Staff available to help)

2. We Crown then World's Greatest Ice Angler (Trophies too)

3. We have a tailgate party after the contest

4. Hands on new gear try-outs

5. Lots of Great Prizes - GOOD STUFF

6. Family and Friends encouraged to attend

7. An exciting fun filled ice fishing occasion where we have the privilege to meet you

Besides, you don't want to end up at the wrong of of the fishing pole if you paid any attention to the vegas godfather smile.gif

More info at:
IceLeaders.com

Sign-up at:
IceLeaders.com - CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM

YAAAAA, Don't forgets bout da doublefinn twins der yous guys. T-BONE and I likes da tough odds, but yous guys don't stanta chance witt us whens we brinks our secret weapon of Jet A witt den. Dem walleyes will be jumpin outta our holes like dem riffer carp from Asia or someting like dat. OK den until da ice series for some series fishing den!OOPS, I mean't serious...not too goot a deal der den.