• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early Vegas odds for The ICE series champion AKA "The World's Greatest Ice Angler"

Scoop Vegas has posted these early odds in Vegas for the first ICE champions multi-speci champ at Winni on January 10. Who says Vegas isn't into fishing?

4-1 early morning favorite, can it be luck?
6-1 MJ5 and Mr Steil
8-1 Coryntracy
9-1 Kaz
10-1 Northlander and Jarod32
12-1 Backwater Eddie
14-1 vern
20-1 Buzzsaw and Gissert
30-1 Bronze Back

Odds are always changing, this is going to be big! The winner gets the title of "The World's Greatest Ice Angler" plus a trophy this is truly an honor only the best can achieve. Who's gonna win it? How about you? Sign up now iceleaders.com. Anyone who fishes could win a new ice house, auger or LX3. Let's have some fun and catch some fish!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It looks like some money is starting to go on EBass and black max. Odds are pretty long on those two though smile.gif

4-1! I'm honored.....And pressured!! shocked.gif I'll see what Skybook and Sheridans are running the lines at. With the quality of anglers that will attend, I'd probably bet the field. However, I witnessed Rick clean house with an ice rod in open water. Can you imagine him on ice? I'll make sure I bring my own bait! wink.gif Hmm, Maybe I'll bet on him. Heck, I can think of sooo many people in FM that has a legit shot at winning all the marbles.....Yes, I'd bet the field. Lots of outstanding fisherman here. I wonder if Vegas will run an over/under on the total poundage? A tip when betting totals, in bad weather ie. wind, rain, snow, always bet the under. grin.gif ....Well the cats out of the bag. You found my second love in life.....Sports wagering. smile.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Gee, 9-1 for Kaz!! Well that's going to be very tough, cuz I'm going to be in the Sunny State of Florida. Can't make that one, but I plan on coming back for the March one.... Unless a 40 Snook will count.. Kaz

Yeah...that fact that (for some reason) I am at 10-1 while guys like Backwater Eddie and Gissert are longer odds is an indication to me that the folks in Vegas are smoking something other than cigars.

Looks like I'll have to unveil my secret weapons now wink.gif 6-1 isn't bad, I think I can work with that wink.gif

Looking forward to the Winnie event. Lake Winnibigoshish is a fun lake and a blast to fish! You have a good chance at a mixed bag and some really big fish too! I plan on seeing some nice fish caught up there.

Looking forward to meeting all of you if I haven't already and dropping a line.

Take care and only a little over a month away!

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

First and foremost these events are all about fun. Given they are a friendly competition and that is cool too. Friendly competitions build better fellowship in the sport. Rick and his team are working hard to see this years events will be better and funner then ever.

My money is is on our motto of "We have more Fun" will prove once again very true. No matter whomever is involved, and wherever the event is held, it will prove to be FM-Fun.

On the Veges odds? I da-know?

If I am lucky enough to be able to participate my odds may just be a bit better then that Eh?

Ya see..I got me a new Lucky Rock & String....so if i do....Oh-Boy..Ya yust Look Out Eh!

Have fun...Go Fish!

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Too be sure,
this is all about having fun and learning ice fishing.

Fact is we intend to have an Iceleaders Pro Staff riding around on the Winnie ICE Series Event for you to flag down and get lake and fishing tips from during the tourney.

Many times being the Worlds Greatest Ice Angler is all about getting good information. The Pro Staffer on Winnie will be long time Winnie Guide and Capt Ron Hunter confidant, Jeff Beckwith of Scenic Tackle and Guide Service. Jeff KNOWS Winnie well.

Jeff is part of the fun. He'll give everyone a bit of a head start on the lake just before ICE Series Event take-off. Then he will be out trying to make the long shots pay off big time. Especially those he sees with kids in the tourney...Did we say kids are FREE!!!!

The Tourney is meant to Be More Fun. It is for Trophies and EVERYONE has an equal chance at some Otter Fish Houses, Eskimo Augers, MarCum Depth finders or Underwater cameras, etc. etc. etc. etc...there is a lot lot more being given away.

After the contest we will be having a big feed with Schweigert Brats and there will be a fish fry. There will be places to warm up and we'll have a couple large wind shelters there as well.

You will be able to test out...HANDS ON....all the new ice fishing products and gear. We're talking...LET'S CATCH FISH while testing them out.

Yes, we are going to have the Worlds Greatest Ice Anglers Show Up......and you know what.....You know it's all about

Having More Fun On The Leading Edge Of Ice Fishing
No matter your skill level.
This is for everyone and set-up that way.

This just in from the oddsmakers:
silveroddo and dfv87 have moved in with odds of 23-1
Hounds&Fish & Lavoi surprising with odds at 5-2. Where did that come from.

30-1? I can't wait to get out fishing with the FM group. Winnie will be a good test and considering I'll be chasing lakers in Canada the previous week, there'll be some serious miles logged. Look for me and others from fishfever to be shooting video of the event.

Yep, I agree. The ICE Series is going be a great place to learn some tips and techniques as well as catch some fish while doing it. Just think of it as a chance to bring the FM forums we like so much to life. Instead of posting and asking questions or getting feedback, you can fish with your fellow friends and Pro Staff and you get to see first hand what we all enjoy so much about this site. And you get a chance at a great prize and some first class fishing!

Fishing + tips and techniques + food + meet new people + great prizes + a chance to see all the new gear in action and to use it + hours of fishing talk = ICE Series = A LOT OF FUN!!!

And like the saying goes..."We have more fun!"

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

Jim W...I would put money on a Huskminn/scifisher team. All the great teams had some internal strife and conflict...it makes you stronger in the long run.

Yeah...I'm planning on the Winni trip for a learning/information trip. A bunch of us have a week-long trip to Winni planned in mid-February, so any info I can pick up ahead of time will be helpful.

The money sure is moving here's the latest.

Scoop Vegas Odds

3-1 can it be luck?
7-2 The Field
4-1 Rick
6-1 MJ5 and Mr Steil
7-1 mistermom
7-1 Bronze Back
8-1 Backwater Eddie
8-1 Coryntracy
9-1 Hastings gal
9-1 Slow Jigger
10-1 Huskminn and scifisher
12-1 Backwater Eddie
14-1 vern and Catch N
18-1 Buzzsaw and Gissert
19-1 Dennis Steele
40-1 Kaz

Somebody thinks Bronze Back is a threat. Can it be just can't lay in the weeds, the fans are still liking the Wisconsin boy. That video of Rick smoking Dave and Richard really moved him on the board. Some fans are staring to believe that the river fisherman Mr Steele has been seen jigging ice flys in his backyard what's next a personal bluegill trainer? The fans are negative on Kaz...how can he win from a beach in Florida? Odds will be updated again after the weekend.

[This message has been edited by wgmsa (edited 12-04-2003).]

Wow, I'm still at 14-1 & holding! That's not bad considering that the Fish Trap is still buried in the garage & I was fishing with waders last weekend. I better get serious & start training. Maybe do some power-auger speed drilling exercises or something. Vern

Hay..WAIT A MINUTE EH..I am on the list twice wgmsa?

You want the Ice Fishing Mafia to chum me to the Kitty's for cheating or what?

Get da book strait so Louie don't take me fish'n.

I smell a fix?

wink.gif

After some heavy betting in Vegas and some new information the board is now at:

2-1 Hastings gal - The money is pouring in on this late entry.
5-2 Hounds&Fish & Lavoi - Where did they come from?
3-1 can it be luck
7-2 The Field
4-1 EBass
7-1 mistermom
7-1 black max
7-1 Bronze Back
8-1 Backwater Eddie (The twin)
8-1 Coryntracy
9-1 Slow Jigger
10-1 Huskminn and scifisher
12-1 Backwater Eddy - (His other Twin)
14-1 vern and Catch N
18-1 Buzzsaw and Gissert
37-2 MJ5 (dropping)
19-1 Dennis Steele
23-1 silveroddo and dfv87 (moving up quick)
40-1 Kaz
149-1 Seabass77 (bringing up the rear or nice sleeper, as usual) grin.gif

10-1 Wow thats a honor considering I really dont fish. I just buy and sell fishing related gear. grin.gif Really though I hope I can live up to all of that 10-1. If you make the 2nd anual St.Louis River "Poutfest" a iceleaders event I put my $ on Poutslayer all the way.

7-1 FOR ME! I will not be held responsible for anyone taking that action (legal disclaimer).

My money is on Hastings Gal.
Huskminn and Scifisher? Huskminn would pull out the lead splitshot and the arguing would start and there would be no fishing.

mm

Well boys,
the Vegas oddsmakers have added a Gal to the mix here...
our own famous or should we say infamous Hastings Gal.

Hastings Gal is now the odds on favorite to win this thing.

Vegas Oddsmakers are givng
Hastings Gal 2-1 odds
to be the Worlds Greatest Ice Angler.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the women did real well, maybe even a wife or girlfriend of one of the members. Richstick, I'll bet you can catch just as many as Dave Genz, or anyone here for that matter. Speaking of "big guns", we do have a member named Bigguns, so yes, maybe the Bigguns will be there. smile.gif You guys should REALLY READ some of the articles in Ice Leaders, they're on the left side of the page on the link Rick provided. "Calling them In" is one article which I relate to. I read others post on issues of being quiet on the ice. I for one believe that sound is a attractant. Not all sounds, but the RIGHT sounds. I tap on the ice, rattle up the water with my ice scoop, and thump bottom with a small but heavy weight to stir up debris and "call" in the fish. That article as well as others on that link are worth the reading.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck