• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with a local soldiers Christmas

Hello All,
I think that many of you know Nathan Heim. He is a Kelliher native that is currently serving in Iraq and has been there since April. He is a huge Red Lake fisherman and also a cousin to Baitco and myself. Nates mother has organized an ornament drive. Her hope is to overwhelm her soldier with christmas ornaments. It doesnt have to be anything huge or expensive just something that he can hang on his tree over there. For those of you that know him or those of you just care about the boys that are over there, here is his address

SPC Heim, Nathan A
142nd C/142nd ECB (HVY)
Unit #92658
APO AE 09323-2658

Thanks

Good point Hastings, It has usually been taking 2+ weeks to get to iraq but with the holidays who knows how long it will take. All i can say is the sooner the better.

Our ornament went in the mail yesterday. Nate's dad built our little log cabin a couple of summers ago and Nate worked on it before boot camp so we felt like we kind of know him. It's a great thing he's doing so let's all show our support to HIM regardless of whether we support the government's position on the war.

Well our ornament will be dropped off with rose tomarrow. I graduated with nathan and grew up with nathan and i think its great what hes doing over there fighting for our country. This whole community of Kelliher is so proud of him and will be there to great him when he comes home. I encourage everyone to send something to him, he is a super kid with a great attitude and I know he is doing his best to protect us. Thanks Nate

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998
WestWindWaskish.com

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It's a done deal and a very worthy cause.

I'm asking for everyones help to keep this up for the next couple weeks.

Post here at least once a day with thoughts for the our soldiers in Iraq.

My cousin's son from Missouri was shot in the legs a few months back and hasn't made it back home. Don't know his address as of this post but throw in a word when you're praying for a speedy return for our soldiers.

Great idea!

My soon to be brother-in-law has also been over in Iraq since April. My family and friends have been pooling together boxes of supplies for him and his fellow troops. I'm amazed how well it has caught on. I bet we're shipping 3-4 shoeboxes per week! Just simple stuff (i.e. candy, magazines, toothpaste, soap, etc...), but he said it really keeps him going. You'd be amazed what little supplies they have.

So I guess what I'm saying is not to forget our troops. If you can send something, anything, please do so! It will go a long way to making them feel appreciated.

My ornament (plus more) will be in the mail tonight!

------------------
Tonka Boy