• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attn: Catch'n regarding Bio bait

big_fish_guy

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

They definitely are much easier to work with and have more staying power than waxies or larvae or mousies.

I haven't tested them on ice, but my instincts after using them are just hard at it telling me to make absolutely sure I have them with on every potential panfish trip this year.

Heck, the regular shiner/mealworm Bio Bait is going to be tested very hard instead of minnow heads when jigging for eyes this winter.

The video above shot by Fish Fever is not the only time I've had excellant success with bio bait on open water.

Bio Bait - CLICK HERE

big_fish_guy,
Staying power is one of the many advantages that Bio-Bait has over live bait. No more bait store runs, less time re-baiting your hook and more time fishing, much longer shelf life, no mess on your hands from live bait, etc. Bottom line is you have a bait that will last a much longer time (both in the water and on the shelf) and is very effective in catching fish.

The bait is extremely cost effective when you take all of this into consideration.. I've used it with great success on panfish during open water as well. I was a bit skeptical the first time I used it, but after Dave, Richard, Rick and Pete outfished me pretty badly using the Bio-Bait, I soon became a believer. I expect it to really shine during hard water. I plan to be using it a lot this winter.

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
T.J.'s Tackle
MarCum Technologies
Otter Outdoors
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
- Henry David Thoreau

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I tink he gave out da free stuff here so he wouldn't have ta go to da ice fishing show don't ya know smile.gif

Goin Fishin... (gotta love that one for a user name!)
Sorry, I am not going to be having a booth at the Ice Show... and dog gone it.
Richard and I had plans to do so with FishingMinnesota in their booth. But it just did not pan out.
Like Rick said, Richard and I thought long & hard and spent the money we would have had spent on show expenses by sending out FREE samples of Ice Bits to over 100 of our "family" here at FM.

Figured it would be a great way to test out and introduce the Ice Bits products.
So far as the testing goes, I can not wait to hear some of the results here from our efforts.

Bio-Bait kicked in open-water this summer in our staff tests! And the Ice Bits LARVA absolutely ruled! We'll see how Ice Bits goes in cold water here real soon.

Just a bit on Ice Bits here...
Richard makes LARVA from real waxworms and maggots, and uses real shiner minnows and mealworms for Shiner/Mealworm.
When you strip on a real "bug" or minnow, the smell/taste is basically the outside of the bait... not with Bio-Bait. The smell/taste comes from the entire animal... all ground up.
So, the entire esence is there (meat, gut, blood, bone, and skin) to be smelled/tasted.... along with some soy (which fish would likely eat anyway too).
It is the "real deal" as far as sent attractors.

I may have told you all this in the Southern Mn Forum but...
I was fishing one day last summer with my son James (11) with crawlers for Sunnies (over on Francis). We were in a huge nest of spawners and all were nice big ones coming on every cast. Using the same jigs and same bobbers & line, we did a test.
James used crawlers and I used Bio-Bait Crawler. It was hot and James had to keep his crawler box in the shade, reaching under the seat each time, pinching off a bit, washing his hands each time.
I out fished him at least three to one with Bio-Bait.
Then we switched.
He out fished me with Bio Bait two or three to one.
Now it was not the Sunfish were hitting the Bio-Bait beter, it was the time factor involved and the hassle of using live bait.
Soon I offered James to switch back... he would not. He said that he did not ever want to use crawlers again cause they were "messy".
That is another reason I like the Bio-Bait product line... no mess!
No hassle in keeping live bait alive... no minnow bucket, no cooler for leeches, etc...
Anyway, I thought I would share that too. To me it is a big deal.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Well, Catch'n. I am convinced that this product will help me out, so I bought some on-line. Will post my results when the product gets here and the ice allows me to try it out. Where do you ship it out from and what is the time frame I should expect to receive the shipment in the mail?
Chow for now,
GF, Dan

Goin Fishin,
I ship most times within two days by US Express Mail.
Some times the same day.... so, it depends how far you are. I sent some Ice Bits to New York the other day... so that would take a couple of days in the mail.
Hope you like the products and thanks for the order.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

CatchN~
Is there a place in Owatonna to pick it up at? I live in Mankato and will be driving that way this week and am looking at picking up 3 packages of Bio Bait.
If not, I will just order it online and pay the shipping. From the sounds of it, when the fish start making fools out of the rest of the guys in the fish house, I will forget the extra cash spent on shipping.

Mankato-Ice-Man,
You may pick up Ice Bits and other Catch-N Tackle products from me, here in Owatonna. I do ask you to call first... as I do sell out of my home.
I only need to know your order in advance and what day & time you are going to be here to pick up. That way I can have your order ready to roll when you arrive.
Best way is to email me at:
[email protected]
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family