• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house practical jokes? ( Grump old men style)

silveroddo

I have a friend who is a "Flag Pirate". One day I decided to have some fun. When he went to talk to another group of guys I tied fishing line to a tip up and when he came back I pulled the line and flipped the flag. Watching him run over to the flag was a blast. The funny part was he didnt see the line and just when he got back to the house I pulled the line again and he ran out again full blast. You guessed it he still had no clue and I got him a 3rd time 10 minutes later. This time when he went to get the flag I pulled the tip up out of the water! You should have seen the look on his face! grin.gif

full contact ice fishing with my brother in law,he asked which tip up was his after we drilled and set up 4 flags,i said which ever doesnt go up,after that it was anything goes,
no snow and 2 guys trying to get out of a house and run for flags was pretty funny,the
other fisherman in the area got a big laugh
out of us that afternoon

There is always the little coffee creamer pack under the floor trick. Go to a cafe and pick up a few of those little liquid creamers, when your buddy gets out of his portable, sneak in and place a couple under his floor near one of the holes. When he gets back in and steps on them, instant cloudy hole!

The old bobber trick. Buddy steps out of shack and you use method of choice to sink the float. Always fun to watch him first get exticed and ready for the hook set only to pull up air and a giggle from me in the corner...

The scene where he tries to stab him with a frozen fish brings up a story. When we were younger, me and my brothers were having a frozen perch fight. I threw one and accidentally hit one of my brothers in the head. We all got a good laugh out of that one. He was ok, but still funny...

Myself, my buddy, his brother in-law and his dad were all fishing in a house. When his dad, who is very excitable when it comes to fishing, went to check the other houses in the area, we strung his line from his hole to another hole in the house under the ice with an ice chisel. After he came back, one of us slowly pulled his bobber down and got a couple of revolutions off of the rattle reel. We told him it must be a walleye the way it bit. The guy with the line held the hook with a pair off pliers and when my friend's data set the hook, he said it's a big one. The two looked like a see-saw going up and down with one pulling and then the other. I laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants.

We pulled a good one on a guy years ago.

Late ice, should have the house off but it was good fishing so we hung in there. Ice was getting cruddy fast, kinda spooky.

We were fishing late into the night for crappie and walleye. We all had more then a few in us, way more.

One of us dosed off and the other two started scheming a plot up. We filled the 5-gal slush bucket up with water and placed it outside the door just off to the side. The house was not froze down at all it was riding off the ice and there was water on the ice from the melt already in spots. We took the pry bar and wedged it under the house with the bar up under my chair hiding it from view. My other buddy sat next to the door ready and the sleeper guy was to my right stretched out over 3 chairs, sawing logs like crazy.

OK, everything was set. I jumped up and down on my chair and the house rocked like crazy from side to side. dump started to fall of the shelved but he still didn't wake up. So I did it some more but harder this time. This time he wobbled off his chair and hit the floor. I screamed "HOLY dump...Were Going Down!"

Then bolted for the door with my other friend in the lead. The sleeper is thrashing about on the floor with the minnows as we hit the ice outside.

Now the REAL fun begins!

We held the door shut and started pouring the pail of water through the cracks of the door. He was screaming and beating the door so hard I thought he was going to bust it down. I was yelling "GET OUT..GET OUT...It's going DOWN!" all the while.

Finally we could'nt take it any more and let the door open. He skidded out like a drunken otter on the ice and scrambled to shore without looking back. We were laughing our @#$ off all the while.

I thought he was going to kill us for sure. He had to catch me first Eh. Tee-Heee! wink.gif

Still one of my all time best jokes.

grin.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 12-03-2003).]

You guys are all nuts. When can we go fishing together? I almost woke the wife and kids upstairs laughing at some of your antics. Can't wait to pull some myself. BWEddy, you're just plain mean. Are we related?

Kevin

Back when all the fish house heat was from a wood burner, nothing better than covering your buddies chimney with a block of wood.
Of course, nothing worse than him doing it to you!

was in a 6 way ice fishing contest for the biggest fish. my friend goes to vist some strangers near by during a real slow bite. a few minutes later he hollars one on. soon he tosses one out the door while we all watched from our shacks. he wins the bet and had to buy us one at the bar. winnings = 25 bucks. bar bill = 20 bucks. price for fish bought from the strangers = 25 bucks

once an old friend of mine called and said he heard a "hot tip" well we got over there, but all he could do is show us on the map and point to the spot...hmmmm.it seems as though he has caught the flu bug, and can barely get around. "you guys go check it out" as much as i want to go i just can't.(he was very sick for real). we of course were(knowing him) very cautious--skeptble.
alright, we'll bite. so we head up there. a back woods remote lake, but we managed to find the exact spot. right down to the holes where his buddies fished. we set up shop, and no sooner, we had a couple pound and a half to two pound slabs on the ice!! holy dump we thought. we fished for three hours, but only about seven of these beauties between three of us. not complaining mind you. took the bucket and filled it with sno about 3/4 of the way to the top, then laid the fish in there on top. man did that look like one nice bucket of fish!!
were stopping by to show steve our catch wink.gif
we stopped by, and he looked awful, but he came to the back door, and when we pulled the bucket into view, i thought he was going to have a stroke grin.gif "I TOLD YOU...I TOLD YOU"
we could hardly keep from laughing. we nearly sh!t ourselves when he even reached in and pulled two out to check them out up close, but the other fish laid in there just right and he never caught on smile.gif
the guy who filled the bucket eventually told him about it, and every time he saw me for some time after that he would flick me off...the birdy grin.gif it was worth it.

------------------
keep your 9 iron on the ice!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

tied a speared northern on to a guy's tipup when he wasnt looking. got all excited, eased it up real carefully.....took forever to get the treble hook out the way we put it in, then watched him get [PoorWordUsage]ed when he realized it was a joke.

the favorite trick to do when i fish with a bunch of my dads friends is to cut a slit just below the rim of their "bait"...they take a drink and spill all over themselves, its also fun to get them again after the first time..they cover the first hole but dont expect the second and once again all over themselves grin.gif

[This message has been edited by gvg_uwec (edited 12-04-2003).]

Up on LOTW we had three houses rented. One of our buddies had been hitting the suds pretty hard and had to relieve himself. Then he trots off to socialize. While he was gone we pulled his line, put six empties back in the plastic and tied them to his line. Set his bobber so it hung down near the bottom of the ice. When he comes back he asks where his bobber went, we said it was up just second ago. He says o it's right by the bottom of the ice, and watches it for a second. He finally says well that's got to be long enough and sets the hook. Well I gotta tell ya that pulling a six pack off the bottom on a fairly light rod with the drag set light (maybe we had something to do with that too) for six pound test looked just like a hog on. Every time he'd lift that rod up and try to reel it would just squeel. And if he dropped the tip the six pack would fall back down keeping the full weight on the rod, making it feel like a fighting fish. After about four to five minutes he finally adjusted the drag and got it up to a point where he could see his catch. The rest of us had get out of the house before we pee'd our pants.

[This message has been edited by Chris Haley (edited 12-04-2003).]

Four of us were in portables, 2 per house on Red a couple years ago. We were side by side because we forgot one battery so we had to share the battery on the truck. One of the guys had the "hot" lure. He was dragging in fish like crazy. I had a tug and reeled up and sure enough I had snagged his lure. I quicky crabbed his line and peeled off about five or six feet. He was going nuts in the other house proclaiming he had a "hugh" fish on. I would pull and then release line as if he was playing a fish. I managed to quill my laughter along with my house mate long enough to tie a beer on and drop it back down the hole. His house partner was screaming for us to come over because they were gaining ground on this lunker. He ended up pulling up the can and all hell broke loose in the form of uncontrolled laughter. He drew the line though and made us return his "lucky" lure.

Last year on Mille Lacs 4 of us rented a sleeper for the weekend. When the rookie went to the facilities, I ran out to the truck and grabbed a whole squid I'd bought from a seafood store. Ran back in, reeled his line up, affixed the squid, and let the line back out. When the rookie returned from his side trip, we told him he had some action. He set the hook, said "I've got one, but it feeles little, maybe a perch".

After he reeled it in and the laughter died down we agreed this was the high point of the weekend. The rookie did end up locking me outside the house for about 10 minutes, though...

Not really a joke but it was a good laugh.
My friends tip-up goes off and he runs over to set the hook but miss's. He puts new bait on drops it down the hole. We us small split shots to mark the depth, well he puts the sinker in his mouth to bite down on it and Mr. pike comes back to grab the fresh sucker.
My buddies face bounces of the ice and about six guys have never laugh so hard.

Sifty

One time on Mille Lacs one of the guys fishing with us went outside to visit the next house, so I pull up his rattle reel and tie on an open end 7/8" wrench right in the middle of the wrench.
Call to him that his bobber is under water, he comes running back to the house and just before he enters the house I drop the rest of the line so his rattle reel is just spinningh and rattling to beat the band.
The wrench hits the bottom and the rattle reel stops, then he asks should I set the hook?
I said oh-yeah!
He sets the hook and says "man its a big one".
The wrench is sliding back and forth off to the side in the water, then he said "it sure is fighting".
We kept quiet, but could hardly keep from laughing out loud.
Then he spots the wrench in the water and tells us as he starts laughing "you ^&%$er's!
We were all on the floor just crackin-up!
He got us back though!!

One of our better jokes was on leech at the eelpout festivala few years ago. There were probobly 6 of us from college set up with 2 6x8 portables hooked together in a group with my little bros permant, a little ways a way is another local kid my brother knew and he has this really nice 10x20. His parents also own walker polaris and for the most part we're artic cat and honda guys so we were always giving each other dump about that. The 1st night we were up at about 2 or 3 and getting bored freezing our @$$'s off in the jimmy rigger portables and look over at he 10x20 where theres 2 guys sleeping, thinking ya know? this is just wrong. So me and another guy go up to it and make usre they are asleep and proceed to turn off their propane from the outside. then this kid also had his 4 wheeler out there, a scrambler with a loud pipe and studded tires, he'd been thinkin it was funny to drive right up next to the portables and shine the headlight through the windows and stuff. Anyway we pulled the spark plug wire on it and went back to our houses laughing. We stayed up for another hour and a half or 2 hours playing cards and all of a sudden theres movment at our door and this little head pokes in, it was the kid and he's like " have you guys seen anyone screwing around out here? some $@$&!5 shut of our propane!" We're like "What?! that sucks dude, no we havn't seen anyone, but if we catch the #$^%&^@ we'll let ya know" Meanwhile we're trying not to crack up laughing and he goes, " really? cause its been snowing a little and the tracks led right to your house" we all just broke out laughing at that point and I said,
"theres no way cause I made sure the tracks went to jordys house 1st"
The next morning when I woke up I looked under my cot and there was a bottle rocket with a half lit fuse laying on the floor that "someone" had shoved though the propane hose slot in the canvas.
Then for a little more fun when we were going out to the trucks he was outside so we had to make a crack about " hey, will that polaris start today? Ya know they suck in cold weather" So naturally he just had to prove us wrong. That was great,sits there cranking it over and over and over, gets this dumb look on his face like what the? then he looks at us and goes, you ^$%#% you messed with it didn't ya. I think that kid had the spark plug wire on faster than we had it off.
Good times though

2 years ago a bunch of friends and I were up at lake of the woods, we rented 2 sleeper houses. Well in my house a couple of us decided to stay up late and enjoy a few beverages. At around 2 a.m we caught a couple of eelpout around 4-5 lbs so one of the guys looks at me and we both thought the same thing, off we go to the other house were everyone was fast a-sleep. We snuck into there house and proceeded to lay the fresh slimey pout in a couple of the guys bunks, we then ran out and listened. All of a sudden there is a big ruckus and out come 2 guys in underwear chaseing us across the ice with the 2 pout, we take off running laughing out of controll. I wish we would of had the video camera running it was quite the site. They always claim they will get redemption on us, time will tell.

Icehawk, I did the exact same thing! After I heard a bunch of ruckus, it all got quiet in the shack. Curiousity got the best of me, so I went and knocked on the door. To my surprise, they were all laying around with big smiles on thier faces...smokeing cigarettes!! The eelpouts too!! grin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

A buddy and I went spearing and he speared what he thought was about a 3 pounder(pound and a half maybe.) It was the only one we got, so we went home. Once home he asked if I wanted it. I said no, you speared it, you clean it. He said it was to small so I acted like I was going to take it home. While unloading his gear, I stuck it in his 4 inch pvc pipe that he stores his ice saw in. About 2 months later he has a little talk me. He says, Did you throw that @#$#in snake in my pipe? After a couple of laughs later I told him I did. He says your really in deep s### now cuz I thought all along that that rude smell in the basement was the cats peeing and [PoorWordUsage]in all over! I made my wife get rid of the cats! He said when he opened the cap on the top of the pipe the smell about knocked him over. All that remained of the "3" pounder was slime!