• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Auger Choice?

tightlines

OK fellas and of course you gals too. Which electric would you buy. The strikemaster has a self contained battery and sells for 350.00. The Jiffy does not have a self contained battery and sells for 260.00. Which auger is built better, and performs the best. Opinons please...

Tightlines,
last yea i bought the strike master elc. auger
I took it back..was a batt. hog.

It took longer to drill a hole with that then it did by hand..

This year i bought a 2 hp strike master and bout a new thing that strike master has...A hose for the muffler...its a mounting bracket that bolts onto the muffler with a hose that clamps on..(kinda like a vacume hose)

look's like it will work very well..
I bought it from thorne bro's in the cities

they have a web site or you can call them
talk to pat smith as he orderd it in for me and im sure he will send one up to yea..
it cost me about $30.00.
cya on the ice soon
DaveO

Sounds like a great alternative for those looking at electric. Still have the power of gas with no fumes in the fish house.

The 2 H.P. StrikeMaster's are very tough to beat. They are super light weight with plenty of power to make quick work of the thickest ice. The best in the market for weight vs. cutting power. The 3 blade version (Ultra) is even faster.