• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Happy Birthday to ....

Rick:
To the man that brings all of this!
Ifish2 and I would like wish you a happy birthday and many more. Hey if your birthday is today? You share it with Lucy Liu and Brittney Spears fantasy is yours birthday boy. Enjoy
Tim and Dory

------------------
Don't worry you'll get the next one.

Dory mentioned How her aunt made History cards for all of them on their birthday, until she passed away. She said it would be something if we could make one for Rick, I searched the net and here is what I found
All Info complimants of:
www.histroychannel.com

Crime
Dec 2,1985
John Gotti takes control of the Gambino crime family.

Automotive
Dec 2, 1902
The first working V-8 engine was patented in France by French engine designer Leon-Marie-Joseph-Clement Levavasseur. The engine block was the first to arrange eight pistons in the V-formation that allowed a crankshaft with only four throws to be turned by eight pistons.

Science
Dec 2 ,1942 Fermi produces the first nuclear chain reaction
Enrico Fermi, the Italian-born Nobel Prize-winning physicist, directs and controls the first nuclear chain reaction in his laboratory beneath the bleachers of Stagg Field at the University of Chicago, ushering in the nuclear age. Upon succesful completion of the experiment, a coded message was transmitted to President Roosevelt: "The Italian navigator has landed in the new world."

Entertainment
Bing 1932 Crosby and Hope team up
Crosby and Bob Hope appear together for the first time onstage in a show at the Paramount Theater, where The Mask of my-mom-sees-this Manchu opens on this day in 1932. The duo would become two of Hollywood's best-paid actors thanks to their comic rapport.

Cold War
1961 Castro declares himself a Marxist-Leninist
Following a year of severely strained relations between the United States and Cuba, Cuban leader Fidel Castro openly declares that he is a Marxist-Leninist. The announcement sealed the bitter Cold War animosity between the two nations.

1804 Napoleon crowned emperor
In Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Napoleon Bonaparte is crowned Napoleon I, the first Frenchman to hold the title of emperor in a thousand years. Pope Pius VII handed Napoleon the crown that the 35-year-old conqueror of Europe placed on his own head.

Viet Nam
1962 Senator Mansfield pronounces American aid to South Vietnam wasted
Following a trip to Vietnam at President John F. Kennedy's request, Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield (D-Montana) becomes the first U.S. official to refuse to make an optimistic public comment on the progress of the war. Originally a supporter of South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem, Mansfield changed his opinion of the situation after his visit. He claimed that the $2 billion the United States had poured into Vietnam during the previous seven years had accomplished nothing. He placed blame squarely on the Diem regime for its failure to share power and win support from the South Vietnamese people. He suggested that Americans, despite being motivated by a sincere desire to stop the spread of communism, had simply taken the place formerly occupied by the French colonial power in the minds of many Vietnamese. Mansfield's change of opinion surprised and irritated President Kennedy.

Hope you have a happy birthday
frozen and Ifish

I was listening to the radio this morning and the DJ was saying something about how the oldest living American just had another birthday! Coincidence? wink.gif

I guess we'll know when GERITOL becomes an FM sponsor. wink.gif Hope you had a great day Rick. I know you are a ways off from celebrating your 113th birthday like the oldest living American.