• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early ice bait of choice

LaVoi

What is everyone's early ice bait of choice for both Pike and Walleye. I haven't fished enough early ice to be able to pinpoint a certain bait although I do like sucker minnows, or else large golden shiners for big pike.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If you're fishing for Sunfish or crappies, it's going to be Bio Bait. It's in the testing phase only, but I'm already convinced.

Here's why:
Click the appropriate connection speed to watch about 7 minutes of big bluegill action featuring Bio Bait Ice Bits Larva and Tackle City Ice Fishing Panfish jigs.

That's some good bait Dave.

NEW: Product Test Video Bio Bait 56k Video CLICK HERE 256k Video CLICK HERE

You can see more fishing videos at:
http://FishFever.com

I highly recommend you stock up on Bio Bait Ice Bits and Tackle City Ice Jigs.

CLICK HERE for Bio Bait Ice Bits Larva and CLICK HERE for Tackle City Ice Fishing Panfish jigs.

Shiners on a tip up
fathead on a jig
minnow head on a spoon

I seem to catch both walleyes and pike on these three choices.

Rick, I can't wait till I get my test sample of Bio-Bait!

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

Yep, Shiners or suckers below a tip-up. Smelt works good too. Fatheads on a jig or spoon. A minnow head on a spoon or a swimming lure.

I'm with Rick on the Bio Bait, its going to turn some heads this winter, both fishermen and fish. We're talking about a juiced up fish food that is going to drive the fish nuts!

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

A lot of times on early ice the fish are so aggressive you can get by with little or no bait. Jigging raps, spoons, ice jigs, hair jigs and plastics can really shine.

A minnow head will quite often be all that you need for pike or walleye. If you want to aggressively hunt those fish, then it is the way to go.

If you know where the fish are and it's live bait you want to use then fatheads, suckers, and shiners will do the trick for you.

Don't be afraid to go big baits, especially for pike. They do work, even on smaller pike.

I may be from canada, but I figure it can't be that different. For walleye I use sucker minnows or parker minnows. For the pike, herring are the ticket and for any of the pan fish try the marmish #2 Barley fang, larva or the #1 comma.

Just returned from an evening foray on a local walleye lake. Hit a really good bite of fish using a lure that's just hit the ice market. It's Storm's new soft plastic swimming lure-- the one designed to be fished vertically, such as a Jigging Rap. Gotta say, I'm real impressed so far-- the five walleyes I put on the ice this evening absolutely clubbed this lure.

The thumping back-and-forth tail action on this bait is really something you've got to see. On the fall, the bait wobbles as seductively and lifelike as any I've seen. And the profile on this thing is super realistic. Last couple years, I thought it couldn't get much better than Salmo's Chubby Darter. (Certainly, the Darter's still a fine bait, as is the Nilsmaster Jigging Shad, etc.) But you've got to take a look at this new Storm bait-- the large size, not the little one. So far, this little gem has my vote for #1 first ice bait of the year.

-a friend called Toad