• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Rod Carriers - Croxton Pond Ice Bag?

ethan77

next to my otter, jiffy stealth, and LX3 my croxton is the best piece of ice fishing equipment that I have. I ordered a second a few days ago so even my cheap rods can have a good home. I have gotten as many as 6 rods in my but I usually keep about 5 in there. On one side pocket I have 6 small tackle trays and then on the other I put misc. stuff propane torch, auger parts, extra line. It is incredible how much stuff I can fit into it. Get one today you love it. After My buddy bought one I got one the next week and then my dad liked it so I got him one for Christmas last year. Then one of our other buddies saw it and his is being shipped as we speak. I think everyone has the same opinion at first they think it is just a gimick but after getting one and see how you can use it they can image life with out one.

One thing I am noticing here is that there isn't anyone saying anything negative so that to me means that most people are very happy with the croxtons. I never have used a reay rig system but I can tell that there is no way for me to get all of my stuff in one of those and I would need about 3 to get them same amount of stuff I fit in the one of my Croxton so doing the math with the numbers that spinach provided

Ready rig 3*$15=$45
Croxton 1*$39.99=$39.99

What is the better buy plus having 3 of those would be much bulker.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 12-01-2003).]

I was looking at these last night at Mills Fleet Farm and was disappointed to see that the backpack straps were gone. I use those a lot. Not only are the straps gone but the D rings that they snap onto are gone as well. I think that is a big mistake on croxtons part. Also I see that HT is making a product that is pretty much identical to the croxton gear bag other than it is a little different material but theirs have the backpack straps still. The price is also better I still think the croxtons are a more solid constructed bag plus they are the orignal but now there is another company that is going to give them a pretty good run. I hope that croxton brings back the straps extremely nice for walking onto a lake or if you are on a snowmobile/atv.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 12-02-2003).]

I am the proud owner of a couple of these bags. I was at Sportsmans Warehouse in St. Cloud this weekend and saw that Croxton now has graphite ice rods there. Being the ever resourceful one I figured Quality bag needs some more quality rods.

A IM6 graphite rod for $10.00 why not give it a try. If it's like the bag it will be a winner.

Thumper

iffwalleyes I do agree that the straps were handy. I use them very often myself. It also made strapping it on a sled or ATV much easier. I hope they reconsider that alteration and bring it back soon.

The change in the side pockets was good for some, and not so good for others. I liked the separate compartments for lure box storage. Yet you can store more tip-up with the new configuration.

Feedback on this to Croxton may influence what they do for next season?

It is still a very good ice tote system!

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Rick,
Do the bags available on the site have the shoulder straps (as shown in the pics) or are they the same as the new ones out in stores that dont have them?
I pretty sure i know the answer, but want to make sure that all you got in were the new style frown.gif Wish they wouldnt have changed that feature.
Xplorer

It is the new style and it is as pictured at:

http://fishingmn.com/croxton-pond.html

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-04-2003).]

I looks identical to the one that I bought from you last year off this site Rick. Except that on the side they had more words stiched on it. It was called 34" gear bag or something like that. I know for a fact that there were no straps and no rings to put straps on otherwise it was identical to the one I bought from you. I saw it at Mills Fleet Farm in Fargo.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

Well go at least you can get them some where. I wounder why they changed that on some and not all. Maybe they have a model that they market for larger store. I don't know well get em here and suport FM.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

Just a tough, in my bag i used golf bag tubes from walmart $.49ea. worked great.

------------------

[This message has been edited by notfishing (edited 12-08-2003).]