• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Rod Carriers - Croxton Pond Ice Bag?

ethan77

anybody know of a HSOforum wehre i can buy some? the one i am kinda looking for I saw on hsolist and it was call the ice fishing rod buddy...held 4 rods and was able to fit inside the 5 gal bucket.... anybody know of any otehrs out there on the net? I did do a search but came up with nothing on that subject

I saw the ice fishing rod buddy at the new gander in Forest lake last night, so I'm sure any other gander would carry them. I use the ready rig rod holders, I can protect 2 rod combos from breaks or tangles and they loop together if you carry more than one, very lightweight and put over your shoulder to carry on the ice. Gander also has these.

Just go get a Croxston Pond Bag and you will never need another rod carrying system again. I get 5 rods/reels in mine along with all my tackle, scoop, towel, flashlight,2 tip ups, extra line etc etc etc. Only thing is I use a 5 gal. pail for my Vex. and bait. Worth every cent. I use a Arrow case if I need a hard case system for long hauls in the otter but for 99% of my trips the Croxston is awesome.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 11-23-2003).]

I've seen the croxston pond bag, looks nice but why not just use an old duffell bag if your going to throw that much stuff in it. I like to be organized so that's why I use the ready rig ice pros they hold 2-3 rod combos and keep my rods seperate from all the other misc. junk I bring out. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. 5 gallon buckets are free, ready rigs are around $15.00 and the croxston pond bag is around $30.00 +

Spinach,
I was of the same opinion about the Croxton Pond bag until my Mother in Law bought me one for Christmas last year. She also bought me a St. Croix rod, both unasked for. You will now not find me on the ice without it! The only thing that goes in the main pocket of mine is 4 rods and reels, tackle in one side pocket, and tipups in the other. I fish out of either my portable or several permanents, and I always have my critical gear with me. Do yourself a favor and buy the bag!

------------------
Wables

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

spinach,
I have to agree with Northlander. I too thought the same thing until I tried it.

Get The Croxton Pond Bag
We have received several hundred orders from folks who thought the same as you until they saw how their buddies were using them.

The Croxton Pond bag allows for organization of you gear and rods more than you might believe and it is.........

ohhhh so portable and handy for every kind of ice fishing trip.

Words and just looking at this bag could never do it justice. You have to experience it yourself to see how truly dynamic the Ice Bag is.

I like te dual arm straps so I can put it on my back and walk into a spot. Leaves my hands free for other things. A duffle bag would have too much play and give in it and your rods would take a lot of abuse. I was a sceptic at first but once I got mine I was glad I did. There are several models to choose from so spend some time looking into them and pick what ya want.
Hey Rick do they have the Hard sided C.P. yet?

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 11-24-2003).]

i have bought both the croton pond bag and the ready rig . they both are nice. they each have there place. for me, the croxton is nice for the extra storage compartments and 4 to 5 rods and reels storage. i wish it had more protection for the rods from bending.the ready rig holds 2 rod set ups very nice and well protected,no storage compartments. when fishing out of the pop ups, i use the ready rigs, when walking, i use the croxton bags. just my 2 cents worth.

I too got a Croxton bag from my mother-in-law last Christmas. Wasn't on any list either, but I can't imagine not using it now. I wear it like a backpack, and that's one more thing I don't need my hands for. I sometimes keep a straight bar tip up in it in just in case. If you've got the extra cash sitting around, it's well worth it.

I was a convert last winter as well. I'd used plastic Tupperware type containers for my small tackle boxes and tipups, with the rods going in softsided zip rod bags that only held two each.

Now, the CP bag holds four rods, two tipups, all four of my ice tackle boxes and other assorted gear. Saves me all sorts of space in the Trap II, and now that I'm in Ely, it's simpler to strap the CP bag on your back and go light to snowshoe into some Bdub lakes this winter.

Best $39 Mrs. Catfish ever spent on me. wink.gif

Sweet. Now if they'll only make a Vex small enough to fit inside we'll REALLY be in business. grin.gifgrin.gif

And if the CP bag can help even Northlander be a better fisherman, it can help ANYONE. tongue.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-25-2003).]

They were sold through FM last year and the response was tremendous. I believe they'll be offered again, but am not sure if there are any in stock.

Buying products you like through this site is one of the ways the bills are paid, which keeps it a FREE site, so I encourage everyone to do that.

They should be offered on FM sometime before end of Monday.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-28-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-29-2003).]

I have one of those, too. I can get four or five rods/reels in it, and it comes with a hard plastic base so it'll stand up vertically. The sides are stiff padded nylon.

Works nice. I use it on longer multi-species trips to store rods/reels in case I need something not contained in the larger Crox Pond bag. grin.gif

So many rod bags, so little time.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Croxton Pond bags are now up and ready for you to get yours here.

This is another product I introduced 3 years ago. I will tell you there were a ton of skeptics and non-believers. I kept telling folks over and over that it would change the way they fished and how much easier they fished.

I had so money bucket fans pounding on me you wouldn't believe it. I can say with impunity that many of those bucket fans have now converted to the "Ice bag".

I know some of you past skeptics are reading this. We'd like to hear your story and also what you think of the Ice Bag".

For those of you who want to have your bag ready for your next ice fishing trip
CLICK HERE for more info or to get your ICE BAG.

I guarantee you these will go very fast.
Many, many people know how GREAT the ICE BAG really is now.

Get yours now - CLICK HERE!!

I have 3 hard years on one Croxton Pond tote and it looks like new yet. I use it all year long for any situation where packing in light fishing gear is needed. They make a great canoe tote for pack rods and tackle.

I picked up a second Croxton Pond tote a year ago for a Christmas present for a family member. He is putting it through the wringer now. So far his tote has been a big hit with him.

A very smart and affordable tote system for the sportsman/sportswoman. Very high on my list of the smartest gear buys I have ever made.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

I used to have my rods set out in the open in the back of my cab. Then one by one put them in my fish trap when traveling. Then one by one take them out and set them out of the way so I didn't step on them. In any case they were always in the way and I didn't want to get them crushed. 5 gal bucket tangled them all up. The Croxton Pond bag saves the day. I have all 4 of my rods in the bag that has three seperapte zip up compartments. The whole bag fits perfectly on the in-side/side of my trap. This simple bag makes rod organization a breeze. Nuff said.

OK Duffman now that you mention that I remeber from last year that i didn't like that either. Have to open the side all the way to get something at the other end and then something falls out and down the hole right. Ok so that is one negative does anyone have anything other that that? I know that one negative was that they were so popular people were stealing them and the problem with this was that since they hold everything guys were losing all their gear. I had my name put on the side hoping that this would act as a slight deturant.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

The single zipper on the side pockets was a bit of a pain, but I like them long intead of smaller individual zipper pockets like the new models.

I can fit my gaff and other long stuff in the side pockets of mine.

The new 34-inch model also doesn't have shoulder straps, I just discovered while looking at them in the store. That doesn't bother me, since mine basically lives inside my Trap II, but for those guys who pack their stuff on their backs to travel light, that change will be a disadvantage.

However, had I not gotten one last Christmas, I still would quickly plop down the money this time for the new model. They're that handy.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I asked for one last year at Christmas and got two by mistake. I used buckets for years, now the kids rods and gear goes in one and I get the other. Using the bags has really cleaned up the ice house. Unbelievable how much stuff is needed for two kids to ice fish! You won't be dissappointed.

I couldn't be happier with my bag.

If we're looking for improvements, however, I would sure like a large metal ring sewn into the bottom on one of the ends...just about where the zipper ends. This way, when I fish out of "permanent" ice house, I could hang the bag up and get it off the floor.

Oh...and that zipper thing too.