• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new portables

Hounds&Fish

I have a 8 year old fish trap, it seen its better days. I am also looking for a new one (flip style). I've been checking different companies and I like the ESKIMO, I have one of thier power augers and I'm satisfied with the Co. They sent me a catalog on thier ice fishing products when I requested one. I still would like to see one inperson. I fish alone and in PA. you can't drive on the lakes so I have to pull it by hand, so I'm looking at the Quick-flip one person. I would say, check out thier Co.

OTTER OUTDOORS!!! It's the only way to go. I have had several different sleds and nothing comes close to the quality, durability, reliabilty, and customer service that Otter provides. They have it all for added accessories. Plus, they are the only 100% USA made portable sled. Some other companys claim they are 100% USA but import the fabric. You will be VERY happy with Otter. Call Otter and talk to Chris, you will be glad you did.

If your going to pull your shack across the lake at a zillion miles-per-hour, the Otter is your only choice. Clams are light, innexpensive (relatively), and creatively designed.

There are times when I'm out on Minnetonka, in a sea of Blue canvas, where I can almost here "Baaaaaa-Baaaaa". but I like my Fishtrap Guide anyways......

My Trap II is on its sixth year now, and the colored self-adhesive nylon red, white and black patches give the ole blue canvas a certain hobo sense of style.

I'd spring for a new "ice armor" fabric tent, but they want $170 for the suckers, so I'll keep patching, and patching, and patching and . . . . rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

Hey Hounds&Fish, look into a company out of Anoka, "CanvasCraft". They mount on a "Otter" sled, and I guarantee you will be very happy! Love to see guys "upgrading" their equipment. Try and take someone ice fishing who isn't "into" it! Good luck Bud! Fish On!!!!!

I would have to agree that Canvas Craft is doing some VERY nice stuff down there. I really like the door on the bag of the Otter sled houses. Everything is well done and double thick where needed. Nice job! Price was nice too!

I made a deal on the clam 6800, the deal was to hard to pass up. If I hadn't found this deal I was going to buy the Polar 6x12, with three sons we need the room. I think the clam will do the job for a while.

Hounds&Fish