• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am going

Tinkhamtown

I am going, have reservations for The Buffalo Chip Sturgis week August 2-10. Best biker party ever, just like one great big family re-union. Prices for camping and concerts are $210 for August 4-10 and $247 August 2-10. Concerts every night with “Kid Rock” “Lynuyrd Skynyrd” “Sugarland” “ ZZ Top” just to name a few of the top performers.

I am going by myself, will be riding bike 2003 Harley Heritage Classic and tent camping. Anyone want to meet (hang out) for some of the best motorcycle riding, concerts, and biker partying?

Back just in time for a weeks rest and then a one week August 16-24 motorcycle camping trip of 2000 miles around Lake Superior.

Tinkhamtown, I will be heading out to Sturgis also, Aug. 2nd and coming home on Aug. 7th. It will be my fisrt trip out there with my Ultra classic. I toyed with staying at the Chip but I have to cut back on some expenses so I will be staying at the Bulldog, right off of 90. Where you at maybe we can hook up and ride out together? I did the Lake Superior trip in July of 05. Beautiful trip, lots of scenery. Someday I will redo the Superior trip, but maybe only the southern shores from Duluth up to Sault Ste. Maire.

Kevin

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I have been to Sturgis rally several times and recommend riding Spearfish canyon as the best most scenic ride, Devils tower is a 200 mile ride and good photo op, highway 385 into the back side of Mount Rushmore, Full Throttle Saloon a 26 acre biker bar with a view of Bear butte from the parking lot, and One Eye Jacks Saloon in downtown Sturgis are rides and places you should not miss seeing. Sturgis can be a parking lot-zoo in afternoon and evening so I like to get up early and have breakfast at Mc Donald’s in Sturgis and go riding. May be we can meet for breakfast and go for a ride.

I also go for a short ride to the National cemetery and see Sheldon Ray Hawk Eagles grave, a 21-year-old Lakota that died in a helicopter crash during the early part of the war in Iraq.

Just Ride

Tink

Planning on the Devils tower and Spearfish canyon. The one thing I haven't done really yet is sit down and watch some of the hill climbing action, maybe this year. I've hit the rally before and it's still amazing to see. I am taking a newbie with me also this year. He's been riding for 30 plus years but yet has to make Sturgis.

Kevin