• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pulling a suit case style house?

fishingguy

I have a question for those of you who have a suit case style house. I have a sharpell 4000, with the built in skies. How do you keep your gear on the house while pulling it out on the ice? I can see already it is going to be difficult to keep things from falling off. Any one have any insite? ideas? Thanks!!

I had a larger Frabil XLSpeedshack that is 6' X 3' when folded up. I made a small sled out of used skis and 1" conduit. It was about 4" tall and pulled like a dream. Those suitcase style shacks are a pain to drag through the snow and the sled sure does help!

I used a Shapell shack the past few years and actually found it easier to simple pull the house by itself because it is plastic and pulls easy on the snow. I then had a seperate sled that I pulled with my auger, FL-18, bait, rod case, and other misc stuff. Worked great. This year I invested in a pull over style for what I hope to be a bit more mobility on the ice.

fishingguy, I see we're from the same town. Hey, if you drop me an e-mail, I'll show you how I solved the suitcase towing problem in person.

------------------
NOBODY ever died, wishing they had fished....LESS!!

I have the same house and have not had problems with anything ever falling off.
I use the molded bucked holders, put my auger between the two buckets, my gear between the augers power head and the buckets and everything seems to lock together pretty well.
I have to add that I have always walked with it, so if you are pulling it behind an ATV or snowmobile, then I dont know what to say.

One thing I discovered this year is that you can get a calf sled from a farm store and they work GREAT for ice fishing. They are a little heavier built then actual fishing ones. I am going to use that this year to avoid having to off load the house, set up the house, take everything off the ice and in to the house and so forth. Then I will just hook the two together and streamline my trips.

Hope that helps.