• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellow Ticket Tape Resolution?

Well boys, I might have a solution for the after dark parking at YTT.

I am meeting a Realtor tomorrow at 4pm to look at a house about 200 yds south of the narrows on the West side of the Lake. The house has a deck right on the water with a permanent dock for 2 boats, which I happen to own ;). I am sick and tired of renting and I am 40 years old...time to commit and buy a House in "The" Madison County. Not a bad Lake to be stuck on for the next 30 years. The price is real good but, I am scared to see what the taxes in that Village are going to be. Only downfall to the house is lack of a garage. Keep your fingers crossed for me boys, cause we know what we will be doing year round on that Lake.

BTW...have any of you ever had a pair of Strikemaster Get-a-grip Extreme Ice Cleats? I just got mine today from Thorne Bros. and they seem to be tip top.

I will be fishing in the AM on the main part of E Banks looking for some Perch staging around the fresh water intakes.

You da MAN Dougie . . .I don't care what Tim says about your pony tail. I have helped build a garage and if you are allowed, I can roust the boys to help . . .with a playroom inside too, or spare bedroom. Just don't leak the thoughts to the locals until after you sign and handover the first payment. Yeah, I bet the taxes are very interesting in that neighborhood. Wish I could join you tomorrow but have to travel starting on Thursday. Where is the crappie tournament tomorrow?

Doug I wish you luck on the house and if we have to build a garage for you I will help Bro.The taxes will probably be high right on the lake I am sure the realitor can tell you what they are good luck and keep in touch. cool.gif

Ah taxes mad.gif Doug that sounds like some fine lakefront property there maybe they can give you an exemption because of your fine culinary skills ;\) Like Frank says you buy it will all come down and get that garage up for you. Gotta have a garage, that's a must have. I told Rosa before we bought the house that if it doesn't have a garage I don't even want to look at it. She'll appreciate it in the wintertime when that lake effect snow comes down. No scraping and just back out and go to work.

Doug , sounds like a good deal you have to do what you have to do might coast you a little extra but how nice is it to be right on the water . If you need any help dont be afraid to ask count me and bud in .

Thanks Steve...we are going to talk to the realtor again this evening. We got her to drop the price a bit and the owners are willing to Lease to Own for one year and let us get a feel for the house before I make a decision. It comes down to...Do I want to pay $190,000.00 for a house that is on the water, or spend the same amount on a house in the country with a lot of land. I am thinking the land and privacy as opposed to a small house with neighbors up my ar$e. But...it would be nice to roll out of bed into my boat or ice every day. That Lake has some incredible fishing. Vanessa is already thinking of a parking resolution so you guys will have a place to park your cars year round \:D

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
Thanks Steve...we are going to talk to the realtor again this evening. We got her to drop the price a bit and the owners are willing to Lease to Own for one year and let us get a feel for the house before I make a decision. It comes down to...Do I want to pay $190,000.00 for a house that is on the water, or spend the same amount on a house in the country with a lot of land. I am thinking the land and privacy as opposed to a small house with neighbors up my ar$e. But...it would be nice to roll out of bed into my boat or ice every day. That Lake has some incredible fishing. Vanessa is already thinking of a parking resolution so you guys will have a place to park your cars year round \:D
Tell ya what; I've 3 lake lots one with neighbors 200 ft away thats the most distant,two are side by side with neighbors on each side,I'd in a heart beat trade for that privacy eventho the lots are 140' each.It's too close.I'm here year round and I kinda dread the weekenders season.

I don't know if this info has been posted or not. Just got back from my travels and had a present from the Cazenovia Court House . . . $45 for us criminals. Doug, I feel for you. That's a tough decision, but lake front property . . . all of us fisherman dream the dream.

You'd be buying that place at the perfect time. Prices there are only going to go up. I didn't think there were any places on that lake available for less than 500K. It's tough living with neighbors. I grew up in the country or with family as neighbors. Living in town gets kind of old after a while. Definitely a sweet lake to be on though!

Originally Posted By: Otis1
It's tough living with neighbors.

Oh Aaron, you got that right! Just found out that the new neighbor wants to put in an above ground pool confused.gif Great... she's gonna ruin that beautiful driveway to put a freaking pool in and they are moving to Georgia in Jun 09. crazy.gif

Welcome back Franky!

Kyle left a gift for you., Rosa was in Albany shopping over the weekend and found a couple of these, figured you could use one..