• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What type of line to use???

wasssit

For crappies and gills I use 2 pound Test Micro Ice or 2 pound test Vanish. P-Line works as well. Perch I use 4 pound test Micro Ice or Vanish. Walleyes I use 4-8 pound test Micro Ice, Fireline, or Vanish. And for jigging pike I use 12 pound test Fireline or Stren Sensor. Sometimes a leader as well.

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

I use 4# trilene xl clear for all my ice fishing. I fish mainly for Walleyes and Crappie thru the ice and I don't go after pike so no bite offs. If I fished super clear water or ultra tiny jigs I would drop to 2, but I don't so 4 works fine for me.

I have tried the micro ice and I just don't care for it. But that is just my opinion, it seems that other like it and use it.

Whatever you do don't use the arctic blue or whatever it is called(dark blue line). It works fine until dusk comes then you can't see your line. I made the mistake of rigging my walleye rod with it last year, and before I switched it I couldnt see it at all.

I use Yo-Zuri hybrid smoke and clear.
2-4 for pan fish
4-6 lb for walleye and pike
Any good line such as Vanish and Yo-Zuri will help. Just don't use cheap line its not worth it.

------------------
I don't drive fast, I fly low.

I use 8/1 PowerPro for most all my ice needs.

The 10/4 is another very good bet for walleye jigging.

I have one big game rod rigged with 30/8 PowerPro. I do not think I could get anything that will bust that 30/8 through a ice hole, so that is as heavy as I go.

I use fine wire leaders on occasion for pike. On the rare occasion a 3' section of a fluorocarbon leader material for extra fussy fish.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

obviously, the test will very with the spieces of fish your after. My 2 favorite brands of line are the "Rapala FINESSE" line and the new "Black Widow" both are small diamiter and really sensitive.