• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow goose reports

Excellent! My folks live in Minot...and I return every year for snow goose hunting opportunites. I miss growing up and only having to drive a half hour for prime goose hunting!

Another week, i'll send the old man out for a drive, and see what he finds! Highway 83 from Minot up towards canada should be able to tell us tons!

We got about 6" of snow in Lisbon overnight... other areas in SE ND got more - the further east of here you go the more they got. Intial indications are that the snows that got cut off by the snow - north of fargo, etc are likley headed into Canada, and the rest are headed further south - SD & NE.

marine_man

I drove about 700 miles this past weekend and today I went from Valley City to Devils Lake, Cando to the Canadian border over to Kenmare down to Watford City to Dickenson and back to Valley. With that said I saw alot of geese but most of them were honkers.

Thanks for the reports guys!!!

Yesterday I drove on 13 through Gwinner, Milnor and up on 1 through Vernona and Valley City and only seen 1 flock of about 500 south of Valley City and they were going south.

Didnt see very many honkers either.

Anybody going out this weekend???

Sure.. I cant find any numbers of birds!!! Drove everywhere on Sunday. Put on 350 miles. Went to Jamestown south to South Dakota, then east to around Oaks, then up through Verona, then south again to around Crete, then east through the Milnor and Gwinner area, then back to Fargo. Bad trip once again. Sad thing is we seen the biggest flock around Horace on our way back.

Ended up with 2 geese and a empty wallet. I dont know where the birds are but they arent in the spots they have been the last 2 years.

Good luck

I drove back from Bismarck last week Thursday (sorry for the late report) and didn't see any geese flocks until I was 10 minutes north of Lisbon - then I saw two, and they appeared to be heading SE.

We got a light dusting of snow down here - hopefully that'll be the extent of it.

marine_man

Good reports guys. No sightings reports are better than No Reports. I tentively have 4/18 4/19 4/20 off work and hope to be in the Minot/Bottineau/J Clark area hunting! How is the water situation around N Dak? Dad said he no longer will drive on Lake Darling or Audabon. Last time he was out last weekend on Darling, he said he was the only truck on the lake, and about 200 yards away, a car drove by, and it brought water out of his holes....I can only imagine the first 100 yards of ice off the shoreline are toast!~

Open water ...lets get rollin'~

I fished open water last weekend on Lake Superior! Coho's are in full swing! ;\) Sure nice to have a lake that don't freeze in the winter time~