• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1967 Ted Williams

walleyeslammer

I have a 7.5hp Sears Ted Williams outboard and believe it needs a new water pump. I have a different motor on my 14 foot boat, but the TW is my great grandpa's old motor and I would love to keep it running. It just gets real hot when it runs for very long and doesnt seem to spit out much water. I am thinking water pump, but will take suggestions. I was wondering where a guy can begin looking for parts for something like this or if it is a lost cause and we have to retire grandpa's motor. Thanks

Ah man you making me think. LOL. If I remember correctly, The motor uses an air cooled Tecumseh powerhead with a water cooled exhaust leg. Most have vent holes on the leg that the water mists out of when the unit is in gear. They did run pretty hot even when all was working right. TCO is a great source for parts for what would be considered obsolete outboards.

Lynn