• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-3 IR?

Bob Horn

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I puchased LX3 after Xmas at Cabelas and just read in the Equipment forum about the problem with a 2 month old Lx3 and he said cabelas had 3 more with the same problem. I havent had time to try it out because of the cold (windshield down to -40 or more)wonderingif I should return for an vex 18.I based chose on all these forums and I liked the neat contained package marcum offers. Kinda confused but really enjoy reading all these great forums.

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that there were 17 pages of this since November!!!

Bottom line: Both make good units. Spend several hundred bucks on either and you'll be happy ... or at least convince yourself that you are. You will see when fish are below your hole and have a little extra entertainment to add some excitement. They might help you catch a few more fish, and might even help your ego a little knowing you own one or the other. Be glad you can afford it and more importantly, that you can be out on the ice enjoying it ... some can't. (I own an FL-18, but would be as happy with an FL-8, LX-3, or just a bucket, rod, and cold fingers.)

... to those who are thanklessly serving us all:

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt

[This message has been edited by Matt D (edited 01-05-2004).]

17 Pages.....and counting. WOW

I opted for the FL-18. I am sure I could have gotten the Marcum but decided on the Fl-18 because it seemed to be more compatible for me with my year round fishing andf i already have had success with Vexilar (CLC-200 Portable LCD). I plan on mounting the Vex on my bow in conjunction with my MinnKota Trolling Motor w/ Universal Sonar. As far as I know Marcum cannot support that! I would guess its a matter of time, but for now I look forward to using my new VEX!!

Good thread, but not alot of feedback on the Lowrance X67c..Well after using mine for the first 2 nights, its the best.

End of discussion, sure the others work, but this thing is the best, period...

Carry on smile.gif

I have had an Fl18 since they first came out and I really like it.
I looked long and hard at the marcums and decided to stick with my Fl 18 for these reasons:
Liked the case better. I will never own a soft pack.
Liked the colors and the overall display better. Distinct different colors that are easy to see at the quickest of glances.
Transducer mount. Think that arm would frustrate the heck out of me in about 30 seconds flat. I have no troubles with the foam float on the 18.

This is just a big Ford vs Chevy debate and having either one is such a huge advantage when you are fishing that you cant go wrong. Its personal preference, like the points of my personal preference above. I am on my 3rd year with the 18 and I still love it as much as the first day I used it.

Most places will sell them side by side. I think the marcum is out long enough that the reps should be knowlageable enough about them to answer lots of questions. Just ask lots of questions, turn the dials, kick the tires A LOT before you plunk down 4 bills on either.

I have had Fl 8, Fl 18, OVS cameras and now the LX3, the LX3 may be just a little bit better unit but one thing that I can say for certain is the Vexilar customer service department shines compared to Marcum. Marcum needs to improve in this department or they are going to go down the tubes.

Outsider,I would have to disagree with your opinion on marcum service.I just had a problem with the battery and they sent me a new one at no cost to me.I have had the LX-3 for over a year now and have nothing but great things to say about the unit and Marcum customer service.How many flasher makers would cover a battery on a unit purchased over a year ago?Good fishing Don. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by WildFanFisherman (edited 01-11-2004).]