• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum customer service

ameyers41

I know this has been rehashed a few times, but I was having sensitivity issues with my Marcum LX-3 with the TC upgrade I got last year. Brought it in tuesday and picked it up this morning. Can't say enough about the ease of their customer service. They stand behind their products! They replaced the transducer and another part. Can't wait to use it tomorrow at the Forest Lake tourney!

The problem noted here seems to be pretty common with the LX-3/3tc. But I don't recall seeing many posts with this type of problem with the LX-5. Have people heard of this issue with the LX-5's?

Just curious, cause I had an LX-3tc that had the same problem fixed by Marcum, but no personal experience with the LX-5.

This has nothing to do with the LX3s, but I had to bring in my Marcum VS560. It would not shut off. The camera is on its 3rd year and I was fully expecting to pay something to get it repaired. I brought it in to the Anoka repair shop. Told them what was wrong fully expecting to leave it for the week to be repair. The guy took a look at it and went to the back and brought a different monitor to test everything. He gave me the new monitor and sent me on my way! I never expected any of this and to pay nothing makes them a #1 company in my book. A friend of mine just bought a LX5 today cant wait to try it out. Hats off to the Marcum company with service like that why buy anything else!!!! THANK YOU MARCUM!

welcome to FM Walleye.

I was talking with Marcum just today about this, where i had a problem with my product, and they told me what i had to do to make it work, and its awesome now. Its great to know that i can go and call them whenever i need to, and there going to help me out. The people are awesome, and there products are even better.

Originally Posted By: Jon Hanson
Sounds like you should by a Vex.

Never fails. Can't we just all play nice. I agree Marcum customer service is great. I called them about an issue with my charger. They sent me out a new one right away without asking anymore questions.

Hey Jon,

Thanks for bringing this thread back up.

I remember threads about Vexilars customer service and all I remember was it was far away. If I remember correct, it was not all that quick. This thread really puts me at ease with my new purchase of an LX-5. At least for me, the repair center is less than 10 minutes away from my work. I could probably have my MarCum back the same day if repairs where ever needed by the way it sounds.

Thanks Jon and again welcome to FM..

Shackbash

Originally Posted By: shackbash
I remember threads about Vexilars customer service and all I remember was it was far away. If I remember correct, it was not all that quick. ... I could probably have my MarCum back the same day if repairs where ever needed by the way it sounds.

Shackbash - sorry to keep correcting you on your vexilar comments (see marcum vs vex thread). But Vexilar is located just south of Hwy 494 & Hwy 100/Normandale (in the Bloomington/Minneapolis area). So they are very close if you live in the metro.

And I have personal experience with their repair service. I had a transducer that was not hanging straight, called them at 2:30p drove it there and had it fixed by 4:00pm that same day. Great service, fast, and no questions asked (this was in January).

All the threads I have read seem to indicate that both companies are on par with great customer service. Biggest difference seems to be that Marcum customer service seems to get a LOT of work between people having issues with their flashers (specifically the LX3/3tc) and their cameras - this is based on all the posts about people using their service.

In my humble opinin the best customer service is service that is rarely needed, but if needed they will take care of you. That is why I love my Vex.

P.S. When i use to own a Marcum lx-3tc, I did use their cust service for a fix and will attest that they are very good about taking care of you. Sold it after hearing stories of people bringing it back for the same issue multiple times. One of my worst nightmares would be on my dream fishing trip on the ice only to find out my flasher that is not working right - not worth the risk that is why I went back to Vexilar.

Sorry Shackbash ... couldn't resist biting on your Vex comments (I gotta stop doing that).

Not a problem cool.gif.

I think I am the one who should bow out now blush.gif.

If I am wrong, I more then glad to be corrected. After reading all this stuff about these machines, the mind thinks one way and reality could be total opposite. If anything, others who have the same notions in their head as I do, will be corrected in the same fashion I was.

Just looking for the truth and you are helping my find it NCLaker :).

Thanks

Shackbash - Don't sweat the differences in opinions/observations. Most of us are not experts on all this stuff (especially me). That is what I love a about these sites - you can share opinions/questions/knowledge/experiences/etc and you can typically rely on feedback with intentions to be constructive and helpful.

Originally Posted By: Jon Hanson
Sounds like you should by a Vex.

Huh? Since when has Vexilar manufactured, or sold underwater cameras? That is what faatman was posting about,a Marcum VS series underwater camera, correct? confused.gif