• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite way to catch a walleye

fishinfey8

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: onlywalleyes
Anyone who has pitched plastics to the "trees" on Pool 4 in April for pig pre-spawn eyes will agree that there is nothing better. Better have a good hold on your rod!

I agree, even though I am a fan of trolling cranks or spinners I have to say throwing plastics for those big eyes is my favorite.

Rainy river is also a fun place to do it.

If i'm on a smaller (7,000 acres or less) inland lake, i love fishing from my 14ft. lund over the big boat any day of the week...oh yes and i have to add that pitching and retrieving spinner/lindy rigs along weedbeds is a unique but more action filled way to fish with them.

Wow, this is like trying to pick a winner at the Miss Hawaiian Tropics contest. I love them all (and the walleye fishing techniques too!)

I like them all, but if I had to choose just one it would be live bait rigging. Finesse fishing and feeling that tap...wow, it just gets me going thinking about it. Rock....rock....sandy...*Plink* FISH!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love a jigging spoon getting nailed, watching a slip bobber slowly sink, seeing the rod tip suddenly double while trolling cranks on a full harvest moon night, or bouncing a jig along the bottom, but finessing a walleye on a lindy rig is how i want to do it every day in heaven!

A buddy and I were just talking about this on the way home from work today and really like jig and minnow or pullin blades.

But I think my favorite way to catch them is in the lowwer lip grin.gif

the most fun I had catching wallys was watching my 9 and 11 year old sons pullin them in.

YES would be my answer.

I'm a live bait fisherman at least 80% of the time & usually lindy rigs, but I don't care. I love whatever's working at the time jigging or crankbaits are both a blast. I'm less fond of casting, but when it's happening, that's just fine with me.

depends on the time of year but winter I would say seeing the flags pop while chillen on the ice with my buddies, 5 of us 10 tip ups spread out over a flat nothing beats 100+ flags in one day!!! During spring time slippin it on shallow rocks come mid summer its all about 30+ deep diving cranks and pullin spinners. Fall nothing beats trolling with # 5s or husky [PoorWordUsage].