• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite way to catch a walleye

fishinfey8

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitching a jig and bringing it back nice and slow. Also throwing cranks into the shore line right at dusk. I have caught my biggest fish doing this, a 10 lb and 10.8 lb. Then there is the slip bobber and a leech, always a good way to catch fish and day dream.

Theres nothing like pitching a jig and plastic for me.

If you dont truly know what a jig bite feels like, simply hook your middle finger in behind your thumb. Apply lots of pressure to the thumb. Hold your hand up next to your forehead, and snap yourself.... no waiting, no trying to figure out if is a bite, just rip into a big hook set.

next, would be casting rapalas into the shorlines.

next after that, would be trolling plugs.

larger than normal suspending cranks, at night with an owl in the back of me in the trees cheering me on. lot's of pause and slow retrieves. that's blissfull walleye fishing. total finnese and catch. second would have to be snells and live bait.

Depending on how the gas prices go this springI could be going back to my old haunts leech and a bobber anchord or on a very slow drift. 3 things about 1. you get eyes 2. easy on fuel. 3. Out there in early am. its nice and peacefull.

For me, there's nothing better than pitching a jig and minnow in a river where big walleyes abound...the Mississippi and the Rainy. Love working the current, and that old familiar "thump" when the jig hits the roof of that big old mommas mouth!