• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Was looking in the WI regs and I don't see any special Walleye regs for Yellow Lake this year, is that the case?  So the Walleye limit will be back to 3 this year?  Not sure 3 keeper quality fish will be that easy to catch, but at least you can keep them if you do catch them.  Looking forward to being in the boat again, chasing Walleye.

Yep, limit's 3.  Seems to me they made that permanent last year for all the ceded territory.

I'll be up looking for those slab crappies :)

Don,

That very well could be the case, as I didn't get a chance to fish Yellow Lake last year for the first time in 20 years.  I guess I just didn't catch that last year if it was the case.  A friend of mine that lives on the lake has had good luck on HUGE Crappies this year, not much for numbers, but he sends me pics daily of some big ones.  He hasn't kept any this year cuz he can't find the keeper size yet, meaning 11" or smaller.

Got out and fished Yellow for the mn opener weekend ,,, No hassles at the landing like I would have seen on Mn waters,,, Picked up a few fish friday ,,, Lots of short fish and the nuisance pike,,, Still lots of short fish saturday but we had our 2 man limit by 9:28 am with the average fish being 18 inches add to that a few bonus crappies and not a single pike 

Crappie fishing yesterday was slow but steady.  Caught WAY more on plastics than minnows.  Most fish in the 5-7 foot range. Not spawning yet, even though the water temp in some of the bays was well above 60 degrees.

Heading down to Yellow Lake in the morning ,,,,, Recent reports from the opener weekend weren't stellar but the water has warmed up and spawning should be done ,,, Gonna try and get some crappie and walleye if they cooperate ,,, Pike shouldn't be a problem 

On 5/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, LoonASea said:

Heading down to Yellow Lake in the morning ,,,,, Recent reports from the opener weekend weren't stellar but the water has warmed up and spawning should be done ,,, Gonna try and get some crappie and walleye if they cooperate ,,, Pike shouldn't be a problem 

How high is the water, wondering if we can get into little yellow this memorial weekend or not.  How was fishing?

The lake was low when we fished it but they only closed the dam days before ,, should be able to get under the bridge to get to Little yellow ,,, I have not heard that the crappie action was going well tho ,,, Did catch some decent pike  but no walleyes 

On 5/30/2018 at 1:13 PM, rangerforme said:

Anyone do well over Memorial Day, crappies were hard to find for me in the area lakes.

I actually did really well over the long weekend.  Caught hundreds of crappies including some real pigs.  A few bonus walleye as well.

Crappies were in 5 - 7 FOW in the cabbage.  Had much better luck with plastics than minnows.  Walleye were in 8 - 12 FOW  and prefered leeches.

Headed back this afternoon.

IMG_20180528_110052776_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180525_185515163.jpg

IMG_20180527_104749931.jpg

Got up today and fished Yellow for the first time in a few years. Tremendous action from perch, walleyes, and crappie...although nothing sizeable. All on a 1/32 oz jig head with either a fathead minnow or a kalins crappie scrub. Had two muskies today that ultimately snapped the line using the plastics. One was a good 42-44" that I fought for 15 minutes on 4lb test...it full body leaped out of the water 3 times, so much fun! On the last leap it snapped the line, but it's always good to be able to see the fish! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend in Webster!

Could not find the crappies this weekend, but the walleye bite was fantastic.  Caught most on tips of points in 14 - 18 FOW, all on leeches.

34782995_10210302082102614_3427199716830478336_o.jpg

34872840_10210297767194744_8601125305383387136_o.jpg

34789617_10210297764234670_5219857837127106560_n.jpg

Nice work Don

Opener up there was awesome for us. We caught a ton of eyes that weekend and a few smallies hitting the jigs.

Going to head back up to work on tree stands and then wet a line this Sunday.

Two weeks before I get to go back.  Some friends up there found the crappies yesterday, still full of spawn. Sad that I didn't search a bit harder for them last weekend.

Walleye fishing remains quite good with a nice mix of quality fish.  Caught these three Saturday afternoon in just a few hours. 17", 18", 19+".

Fish were caught from 10 - 19 FOW, again all near tips of points.  Crawlers put more in the boat than leeches, but better have both along.

Can't wait to get back.

35994215_10210372527663709_579588686790787072_n.jpg