• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Long time reader, first time poster here

There is about 12" of ice with up to 2" of water on top right now. We fished northerns in about 5' of water with shiners this last weekend and caught a couple.

Actually, I take my other post back. If my memory serves me correctly there is a spring in the bay by Jeffries. It's in shallow close to where that little creek thing is and like to say if I remember correctly it's wide open water.

Also heard something about a helicopter rescue that took place on Yellow over the weekend.(?) Please add any info. you may have regarding to this.

Stay safe and good luck,

-Zander

Now to be debby downer but there isn't too terribly much to look forward to crappie wise out there in the winter.

Ah, young Muskiemanzan, you have much to learn. grin Crappie fishing can be quite good if you know the where, when, how's of it. wink

I know plenty more than you all seem to think. Just didn't want to have 50 million guys out there this winter trying to catch every last fish out of there. This here thread has a lot of views.

Hello this is EPJ and I am hooked on hunting and fishing! I am going to our cabin this weekend were fishing for northern with tip ups with my dad, mom, brothers, uncle, bapa, and nana.

I would like to start a C&R record board for Yellow Lake! My personal best are listed below for Yellow (measurements may be off by an inch or ten)In the future we will post picture to prove our 2015 catches;

Red Tail -27inches

Muskie – 38 inches

Northern – 38 inches

Sturgeon - 51 inches

Pumpkin Seed -

Bluegill-13 inches

Bass, Largemouth – 18 inches

Walleye- 24 inches

Bass, Largemouth -16 inches

Crappie- 14 inches

Perch - ???

Rock Bass- ???

Bullhead- ???

Dog fish- ???

Snapping Turtle (eating a worm under the dock) – 20 Inches

Otter – (crawling into our fish basket)three feet

Dads – (six feet 235 pounds) hocked in multiple fingers!

All right, I'll play:

Muskie – 32 inches

Northern – 40 inches

Sturgeon - NEVER caught a sturgeon on Yellow

Bluegill-10 1/2 inches

Bass, Largemouth – 19 inches

Walleye- 27 inches

Bass, Smallmouth -21 inches

Crappie- 13 1/2 inches

full-49427-52519-epj.jpg

Had a fun couple days on the ice with my brother but only caught 3 crappies (one nice slab) and one Muskie (my 1st through the ice). We were fishing by the red house that was next to the blue house that was 200 yards out from the green house where the lake goes from 8 to 20 feet. Hockey is going to keep me at home for a bit but will hopefully get out in-between games. Glad to see DoBo and E37er get in on the Yellow Lake C&R post!

Silver Lake over in St. Anthony.

Good luck,

-Zander

Have you ever fished Silver? We live in St Anthony but I always keep my boat and ice fishing gear up at the cabin on Lake 26. I know they have stocked a ton of Walleye in that lake over the past 6 years and it's about time they are eating size. I suppose I'll just have to lug my equipment home one weekend and give her a try.