• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 hours ago, LoonASea said:

My buddy texted me today and my tackle box has been recovered ,,,might have to replace some hooks but he said every thing else looks good 

Wow!  Glad to hear it.

Still haven't fished for anything but crappies yet this year.  Had limited time on the water Saturday and Sunday with the weather and other distractions, and could not find them in my usual spots.  Yesterday though was different.  

Love crappie fishing in calm water.  Slid quietly into a cabbage flat and you could see the surface activity of feeding crappies. This is my favorite way to fish, casting small jigs into visible activity.  In just a couple hours, I kept a dozen 11 - 13 inchers and released that many more smaller fish.  A great end to the weekend. 

From reports I've heard, walleye fishing is picking up and a few muskies were seen this weekend.  Lots of sunfish also being taken with small leeches up in the weeds.

How has the fishing been on yellow lately, I am heading up tonight and will be hitting the water tomorrow morning. I was thinking about tying big McKenzie tomorrow but I haven't made up my mind yet.

I was up yesterday.  Too windy today for me.  

The bite has been tough.  Walleyes are deep, 17 - 20+ feet.  

Nice gills are being taken by those who move around to find them.  Deeper cabbage seems to be key right now. 

We had a period in August where the wind wasn't too bad but since sturgeon opened there's been a weekly pattern of fronts coming through on Thursday/Friday and Saturday is WINDY then on Sunday when you're going home it's beautiful. Today and yesterday are no exception either. Although the forecast for this weekend seems to be nice. 

With sturgeon coming to an end on Friday I'll probably be fishing muskies. Darn! :grin: 

Completely garbage. I've caught 6 sturgeon this season. My average by now is around 14 fish. Lots of skunk days before finally pinning one. I only know of a select few people that have done any good. I don't know why they're so hard to find this year. One day around the middle of the month I drove around for two solid hours until I finally marked a few fish that MIGHT have been sturgeon. 

It's very frustrating to say the least. 

Edited by Muskiemanzan13

Last weekend we had 59-61 degree water temps. Muskie fishing was completely dead to say the least. Moved nothing all day on Saturday. I'm blaming the extreme high pressure and bluebird skies for that.... LOL

I'll be closing down the camper next weekend so not much fishing (if any at all) will be done. Before we know it there'll ice reports on here. :crazy:

Went there Friday for sturgeon. One bite and no hookup. Another nearby boat got 2 little guys, but nothing worthwhile. One guy at the launch said they tagged a small muskie. Also the forecast for 5 MPH winds was way off, it stayed quite windy the entire day.

8 hours ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Also the forecast for 5 MPH winds was way off, it stayed quite windy the entire day.

Pretty much all of Sept. has been that way. Stupid wind just would not let up. 

I'm just trying to figure out why there was such a lack of sturgeon activity this season. I just can't figure it out. 

Since we gave up our seasonal this spring, I didn't get up much this year.  From all reports walleye fishing was also VERY slow and spotty this year.  Lucky for me the spring crappies were as good as ever (my favorite thing to do).  Hoping this winter proves to be another good one.

22 hours ago, DonBo said:

Since we gave up our seasonal this spring, I didn't get up much this year.  From all reports walleye fishing was also VERY slow and spotty this year.  Lucky for me the spring crappies were as good as ever (my favorite thing to do).  Hoping this winter proves to be another good one.

I've heard this too, Don. I caught some pulling cranks in May but a lot of 12"-14" fish. The crappies though, I didn't do as well on. As soon as muskie opened that's all I did. This year was okay for the 'skies. Nice to see some numbers of 28"-34" fish like there is now. 

Closed up the trailer on Saturday. Only was up for the day so no fishing was done. Saw some muskie and walleye boats out there and that was about it. I might make a trip or two up there this fall for muskie otherwise the next thing I'll be posting about is ice reports. 

Good luck guys

Been pretty dead here lately. I'm contemplating another muskie trip up there this fall but between Minnetonka and Mill Lacs I'm not sure where it'll fit in. 

Anyone been out lately? What are water temps.? Should be right around or just after turnover....