• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has fished Yellow Lake, near Webster. My wife's uncle has a cabin there, and we will be going there over the weekend. I'm not looking for anyone's hotspot, just some general tips as to what might work, and what kind of fish I could catch. I'm most interested in panfish and northerns, but will go after anything.

Thanks

Haven't fished Yellow much in the winter, but I do quite a bit in the summer. Post then and I can give you some pretty good info.

I do know there are some nice pan fish in there. The crappies can be huge but from what I understand hard to find through the ice. There are a lot of northern and some big musky.

Most of the shoreline is heavily weeded and you shouldn't have a very hard time finding northerns and some bass there.

IMO this is a much better walleye lake. Fish the deep edges of steep drop offs.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

they get some really nice eyes around ikes resort and the channel to little yellow. the biggest i have heard was 27" but a lot of 21"ers coming out there... Last year i talked to a guy that got an 8lber while i was ot there. sounds like it is a night bite though i was there last winter and i got a lot of perch a few nice ones... like others said just throw a few tip ups up in the weeds maybe 5-10 feet with a shiner for northerns..

Good luck

Originally Posted By: cRaPpiEMaN8265
Do you fish anywhere else in the area don?

Later,

Ryan

Mostly just Yellow, I do get on the Croix now and again. I've done pretty well on walleyes and crappies here so haven't felt the need to go anywhere else.

I have a cabin on "F" down towards Grantsburg.

You?

Well, I managed to get into a few northens. They weren't biting real fast, but it was enough to make it interesting. I never did make it out in the evening for the eyes, the allure of the snowmobiles was too much. But all in all it was a good time.

Two of fished Yellow.

Fished 17', kept 15 crappies, best lure

was a #8 glow crappie jig and minnow.

Best action between 6 and 9 pm.

Interesting watching the crazzies on

big yellow skip their snowmobiles over the

open water. Good luck!

Open water both sides of the bridge between

Big and little yellow.

When I fished it, the crappie bite

was so light I took my bobbers off, waited for the

slightest "tick". Set the hook and surprise.

Sometimes I did'nt feel anything, but could see my

line move. My vex battery died, so I could read

depth, but otherwise I was fishing blind.

Good luck !

Sorry this is off topic of yellow but has anyone ever fished Long Lake just south of Webb Lake area next to Des Moinse Lake(mispelt im sure) If you have can you give me some tips. I think i am going to try it this weekend.

Thanks,

Ryan

PS targeting crappies and gills'

Anyone else planning to fish Yellow Lake for the opener,,,Ill be there for our 24th annual Wi opener ,,,Im thinking this may be a catch and release opener(for us any way) since the water may be to cold for the eyes to have spawned yet

At least the pike always seem to be hungry

Good Luck out there if you go

Randy

As always, I'll be at Walton's ... I know the people in my boat wont be too happy when I attempt to tell them to C & R those 'Eyes so hopefully we can find the pike and Jumbos instead.

See ya on the water...

If you see Ron Schara out there, dont follow him. You wont catch a thing!! \:\)

I'm hoping to be out for the opener. Last year was tough for me, but '06 and '05 were maybe my best openers ever. Two years ago we got our eyes before 8am, then got into a bunch of those big crappies. Doesn't get any better than that!

I just caught wind of a change in the walleye limit on Yellow Lake ,,,dropping it from 3 to 2 eyes ,,,not sure when it goes into effect but if it wasnt for fishing Lake Superior ,,Im not sure if I will buy a non-res licence for wi

Good Luck to all out there,,, the forecast doesnt sound too promising but that can change

Randy

Yes, seems all the Burnet County lakes will have a limit of two walleye this year. It also says you can take two from Yellow and two from Little Yellow. Anyone know if this is the case? How would they handle it when you pull out on Yellow with four fish? even if two came from each lake?

Here is the info on ceded territory walleye fishing

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/ce/news/DNRNews_Lookup.asp?id=114#art3

lol i saw one of Rons shows where he was on Yellow. When I went out there last year it was a disaster... I was with 2 of my buddies in a 14 footer with a 25hp motor and no windshield. To make a long story short we ended up staying on the SW corner where there wasnt any wind. The one time we tried to go to the other end of the lake we popped some screws in the floorboard. Thats about where we turned around and gave up on the N/W side. Anyone give me any tips on where to catch a few walleyes out there? I will probably be out with my friends again on memorial weekend with a bigger boat and hopefully some better conditions!

Thanks for the help and good luck to anyone who heads out there on opener!

Ryan