• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wind advisory

Lester - Dont do it! Not fun and can be dangerous. Years ago we uesed to fish Oneida about every weekend and fished in some bad stuff, also sat in the cottage and watched 13 shanties head towards the beach one day...

If you have to get out pick a very small and protected spot and that may even be bad tomorrow...

I fished Oneida when it was nice out and was slamming the perch down at Lewis point. Well the water on the ice started getting higher and higher and I look towards brewerton and it was just a black wall of clouds. I was the only one of 4 who had creepers on and was able to walk around but all my other friends turned into human sail boats and did mach 1 until they hit a shanty. I made my way to them and at the same time the guy from Marion manor saw us and was coming to get us on the sled. He took one in far enough where he was out of the wind and came back to get another and did the same thing. Well he came back for me and told my other friend to stay put and he'll be right back. Half way in I look behind me and my friend was holding onto the sled and dragging through the water like a wet noodle. I told the guy and he told me to tell him to hang on tight, I looked in front of us and the whole ice shifted 30' from shore. He hammered down and we almost made it all the way in but came up 10' short and had to swim the rest of the way. The cops had cars waiting for us and I said where's my other 2 buddies and they said they are getting picked up right now, while walking in the ice they where on turned into and iceberg and the helicopter was getting them. Well after that long story, Be careful.........

Wind on the big O it don't get that bad crazy.gif I also have seen permanant SHANTIES tumbleing down the lake.Its not very fun to walk on smooth ice with no snow with 30mph winds with a shanty almost taking you out.Becareful on the big O openwater and hardwater.

Tim what are you doing up at 3am?do you have the icefishing BLUES grin.gif.

Hope everyone got off the lakes safely it's been blowing hard here inr Rome. We picked up 3" of snow since last night. Looking forward to you reports.... I talked with Robb twice, Todd, Chris left messages for Tyler and Insurance Guy, did I forget anyone ;\)grin.gif

Dark Cloud - I hate the wind off of Taft Bay cry.gifcry.gifsick.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Hope everyone got off the lakes safely it's been blowing hard here inr Rome. We picked up 3" of snow since last night. Looking forward to you reports.... I talked with Robb twice, Todd, Chris left messages for Tyler and Insurance Guy, did I forget anyone ;\)grin.gif

Dark Cloud - I hate the wind off of Taft Bay cry.gifcry.gifsick.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

me but i was on a super secret spot \:\)

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
I think the King will be good to go this weekend \:\)

I think you might be right grin.gif I was out jigging through that afternoon squall yesterday and the dial on my vex was fillin up with snow so fast I couldn't see my jig for a while crazy.gif It shut the lakers right down for about an hour and then the bite got hot again after the sun came back out and it stopped snowing. Wind was tough later on.