• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM Ultimate Fish House

deadminnowcatcher

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A puddle couldn't be that deep on a roof that it could hurt anything. I had all flat roofs with rubber on them. Any wind that comes up the snow is gone off the top. You could never get a house to sit perfectly flat

well as far as im concerned being from minnesota there has been no snow on a number of lakes i have fished on and you tell me when there is going to be a hill or a valley on the ice?...you should never be sitting on anything unlevel enough as to where water or snow will run off.... cutting down a 2x6 isnt much harder than cutting a 2x4... use the 2x6 put a small notch on the outside to set the notched out rafter in to secure it... also i know there were people talking earlier about sizes i skipped ahead but i built an 8 x18 + 3 ft V-front lastyear... it is an ice castle steel frame but we only have a single axle so whoever was saying anything over 14 long should be double axle... not so much .. i have a polaris sportsman 500 that pulls mine arround no problem... and as far as traveling... i have pulled it up north as far as red lake and as far south as to round lake... its been to the dakotas and even used for camping and everything is as sound as the day we finished it

I have a great idea!! Hey dead minnow, how about we set up a fund for this FM ultimate fish house. The top donor can go on a all expense paid fishing trip with you and all next in line donors could have a hole in the house named after them. Let me know if you get a fund set up, I would like to donate some money to this great cause.

One key feature to a wheel house is making the back end angle up instead of being square. I dont know if I can explain this well, but imagine going down a steep access with a square back end. Once the wheels get over the hump. The back will drag the whole way down. But if you angle the back end you will be in the clear.

Make sure if you are going to strip down 2x4 or 2x6 they are premium grade or kiln dried. If not some of the #2's will warp once you cut thru them. I ripped 2x4's down to 1 1/8" for my basement walls. I had to toss a lot when I tried using #2's. Once I bought the kiln premiums I had no problem.

a good idea that my friend came up with is mounting vexs over each hole....run the wires to the main battery source.....he set one up it and it is handy...have a adjustable pivoting bracket attatched to the wall....it is nice to be able to have the vex off the floor and able to adjust to see it from anywhere in the house!!!