• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM Ultimate Fish House

deadminnowcatcher

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly wire it for 120 volts and just run a generator all the time and say the [PoorWordUsage] with bateries,just my opinion. build the ceiling high enough to accomodate a ceiling fan,lights in the hole are nice but I got sick of repairing mine so I installed track lighting and have a head above each hole which is nice.build it as wide as you possibly can and recess the wheel wells.put a catch cover in the center for the aqua view mopod. oh yeh and get a vented heater. enjoy I look forward to seeing the pics

Between friends houses and my houses we have had over the years, which include: 8X12, 16, 20, 24+V. Out of all those sizes my favorite is the 16'. IMO a 16'+V with 8 fish holes would be ideal. The larger houses are very nice, but they can much more of a bear to move around and get on/off the ice.

I'd like to see some pics of the other ideas out there. I am giving my 8x12(6 holer) a major facelift this summer. All im keeping is the floor/frame and the studs in the walls. I will be adding a v-front, doing something with the wheels/let down system and new interior/exterior.

I'm new here and have been reading this forum with interest..I've had 9 wheelhouses from 8x8 to 9x18. All the square fronts pull hard. The house I have now is 7x18 plus the v so it's 21.5 it weighs about 3500 lbs loaded and has both a v front and a sloped roof. I sloped the roof 3/4 inch per running foot. It goes down the road like a bullet. By far the easiest house I've ever pulled.

deadminnowcatcher,

I just went through the same process, size vs. weight, etc. I ended up buying a Profish Enterprises kit house (same construction as the Aqua-view house listed in the classifieds). I bought a 6x16. It is a little smaller than I originally wanted, but I really want to be able to get out earlier in the season by towing with the atv so I opted for the lighter house. I was really sold on their frames, they are really stout. I was able to get the frame unpainted, so I'm getting it powder-coated.

Now I'm shopping for lights (12V led), an invertor, battery charger, an rv sofa/bed, etc.

well, I started today by ordering 3 wench's, the leaf springs and i found a set of spindles for free. Also bought a stove/oven that I found for half price that is new but a scratch and dent that you gotta look hard to find the scratch. Got this from Jakes in Fairmont.

This would be a good thread to post at the top or have a seperate forum for it as I think alot of guys will find it very usefull in building a fish house and what to expect it to cost. If one of the HSOforum powers to be reads this maybe they could do this??

If ur not gunna sandwich the foam and just go with sprayed exposed, then by no means will the 1/2 in be thick enuf! 5/8 at a minium is what i recommend, or else ur gunna run into problems with bowing and flexing real bad! I say 3/4 good kiln dried plywood and no OSB, that stuff will suck up water like a sponge!

I noticed that everyone is talking about the floor being treated. I know that it works great. I have to wonder what everyone is doing with the way they changed how they treat plywood. I work in the building industry. The new treating will corrode if it comes in contact with usually anything metal that is not hot dipped galvanized. Our siders can not have aluminum come in contact with the stuff, and galvanized will corrode as well. What has everyone done to get around this? I don't know if the marine grade has changed at all, or what kind of treated material is everyone using?

That raises a good point, what does happen when the treated plywood comes into contact with the steel frame? Yes sure i understand the whole stainless fasteners, but what about all that wood and metal contact where the wood sheeting sits on top of the entire metal frame? Thats the whole thing!