• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IGL fish report

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out of commishion till next weekend due to a minor caburator issue. Good news is new one will be here mid week. I almost got a hole drilled before it croaked. Talking with and through friends a few fish being iced but alot of lookers.

Originally Posted By: Esox_Magnum
I'm out of commishion till next weekend due to a minor caburator issue. Good news is new one will be here mid week. I almost got a hole drilled before it croaked. Talking with and through friends a few fish being iced but alot of lookers.

Thats gotta hurt. Where were your friends fishing?

I hit Miller's for a few hours this morning started the day off with a 9 1/2" gill and followed it with a few more but as the went on there were a few less fish but a lot less biters. Im not too sure where to head tomorrow.

Any reports from Angler's, Emerson's (either), Smith's, or Hayward's?

Buddy on Anglers seeing fish few biters, friends on Lil Emerson a few gills iced but overall slow, North Bay I saw fish caught nothing, a friends coworker was also there all afternoon a few iced also many seen. Basic concensus slowwwwwwwwwww. Anyway $60 and a new carburator I'm back on the ice next weekend.

Hmm. Interesting report it kind of gives a guy alot of options but is one spot better than another? I'll be heading back down again tomorrow morning sometime along with Muc33 and the 5'18" banker. Probably start on Miller's again. The bite was pretty good there right away this morning but got slow pretty quickly. Maybe a guy just has to set out on his own and try to find some more active fish?

I was Im not sure I could have gotten more in the middle than I was. Still unsure about tomorrow probably Miller's first thing then who knows what. Maybe some exploring is in order. I am willing to drill holes if you can find me. I should be down there around 8ish atleast that's that plan anyways.

I have seen more fish in Smiths then anywhere else. I havent fished Emersons all winter tho. I always am the last guy to go to Emersons. I dont count perch in Spirit tho. You could see 1000 fish in that lake in a day. Biggest one about 6".

This is moparmarv's fishing friend. It was nice meeting you too muc33 and perchpounder! I hope that we can meet up again some time soon. How was fishing at Angler's bay? It was sure a nice day as far as temperature for fishing as long as you could stay out of the wind. Much better than work any day.

We got to Anglers and found some fish. Nothing hot and heavy, but we did get some takers. Weather surely wasn't the best today with strong winds like that and the temp plunge what can you do? I might swing back down tomorrow as I have the day off, but regardless, gonna hit er next weekend.

Doug the 5' 18" Banker as Perchpounder calls him, and I think we are going to fish the Storm Lake Tournament next Saturday, and then I will hit the IGL again.

And by the way, welcome to FishingMinnesota, Hotspot Outdoors, and Ice Leaders!!!! this place will become an addiction for you I am sure. You can learn alot, and meet a ton of great people. Look around and let me know if you have any questions, I would be glad to help!

I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow. The roads ended up pretty messy on the way home. We had to plow through some pretty deep drifts on the way to my place. Hopefully they will call for a late start or something so I can get alittle more time to clean off the yard. I am finding myself checking in this HSOforum whenever I go online the last few days so it is already becoming an addiction... Good luck tomorrow.

Hey Marv, I'm orginally from your area. Are there any crappies left in the pit south of town? I used to see a shack or two out there every winter, but never tried it. There are a few other pits that I am going to try out in the next couple weeks when I come down to see the folks.

ENMIDAD and Hondarider550 welcome to the site!

We did find a few takers but they were pretty picky at most one or two out of a hole then move on. It was nice meeting you on Marv we'll have to get on a good bite together sometime.

Here are a coulple from Sunday.

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Nice catch Chris and Chad!! It was a difficult day. I caught two and Marv caught one not too long after you left Smith's bay. Are you guys planning on going out on IGL again next weekend? I think that we will probably make it up there sometime this weekend. It would be great to meet up again with you guys. The bite should change around here sooner or later.

Caught a 13" craappie tonight on the creamery pond things are starting to look up, few other small ones. Maybe March madness is apon us! The south ponds around Luverne carry some nice fish just got to be there at thee right time.

Hey Marv,

I was speaking of the pits south of Hwy 9 near Little Rock. I have also pulled a few crappies out of the pits near Ashton, but only in the spring. I have also caught quite a mix of fish in the old pit between George and Boyden including a few small mouth. I haven't ice fished any of these pits. I was just wondering if you or anyone you know has.

Not too sure now if I will make it fishing this weekend or not. My father in law lost his battle with cancer tonight at 6:40pm. So, a blessing as far as the suffering, but a long 4 year battle. We were prepared and now we will move on. So not for certain about this weekend.

You can almost bank on Perchpounder being there though.