• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IGL fish report

Fished anglers bay trickles slou saw some fish in standing weeds but no bitters tried all sorts of tackle no tackers. Also tried smiths bay lots of fish no bitters.

Aneybody know the trick to getting them to bit??

new to this could use help .Moparmarv

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a report from a DNR guy who checked 150 fisherman during the Winter Games weekend and saw 30 fish. I think it's just really slow right now.

It may have been the weather too, as we had very similar results on a local farm pond that has been excellent for us all winter. Fish all over the vex all day long, but very few takers. Same spot the week before had been excellent, so who knows.

I tried a purest jig,ratfinkee,deamon,diamond jig,a small gold jig head,jiging spoon add other jigs with wigglers.dead sticked and lite jigging and aggressive jigging.fish were jist looking not bitting.

thanks for the info.I am hopping for better luck this comming weekend.

Downsize everything, jig, line, bait. As small as yu can find. I have seen that creel survey guy a few times. I been catching some fish in Little Millers but here isnt that many down there. If you fished all day and caught every fish you saw you might end up with 40. Thats sounds like a great day but good luck catchin every fish you see. I do alright but the big ones are hard to deceive, hard to hook, hard to land. They dont close their mouth very fast so I usually dont hook them. Spirit has some perch but it can be tough to make them bite. Basically impossible to detect the bites too. Needa camera. Good luck whatever you choose.

I found out that smaller is better, hmmmmmm, not our normal thought, but true. I never had tackle so small in my box until this year. I could even go smaller. We had good luck on Sunday. I was with Perchpounder gettting lessons and it worked. Now the fish I caught weren't probably to his normal keeping standards, but to me they were great. And let me tell you, eating them while watching the best superbowl in the last 10 years made for a great night!!!!

I plan on being back this weekend. You might want to rename me Perchpoundersshadow.

Thats just because I am letting you keep the small ones. Just to make you feel better I guess. Fricke maybe the next time you can actually go we will keep a real count and total weight for the day?

CC are you going on Sunday? Im not sure if i'll be heading down on Saturday or not.

Yes, as for Saturday, I am not sure if I will go down there... Might fish in the Round Lake tournament... gotta support the RL Sportsmans Club, I am a member. Who knows though, might head south first then to RL, as the tourney starts at noon. hmmmmmm, could be a double bonus day.

But Sunday..... YES

We'll my plans for Saturday changed once again and I ended up working until almost midnight we then proceded to a local establishment and looked for someone who could tie a trilene knot but was unsuccessful at that aswell.

Did you manage to make it out?

Hospital here, then worked on new wheelhouse. Did manage to pull in a nice eye Friday night on Okabena, 21 incher, beautiful fat walleye. Guy I know's kid pulled up a 8lber this weekend too. baring any goofy thing again family wise, I was planning on hitting it again this weekend. I also have Monday off.

I am planning on fishing ON WEST LAKE ON SUNDAY the 17th Is aney body else fishing there this week sunday . If os where on witch bay

would like to meet some other FMers some time.be up there around noon . I drive a dodge 2500 ram white with stripes.Will be pulling my frabal shack with a Quad.

I am planning on being there tomorrow morning as well as Sunday. Depending on what I find tomorrow and the weather for Sunday will determine where I will be. I drive a 2000 Chev. Silverado with Minnesota plates and an HSO.com sticker on the back window.