• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who needs a transducer cable for there LX-5?

Thought I would share this funny story from Tyler by email...

Tyler wrote:

"Hey Tim Tyler here I need the number to marcum I have to order a new transduced we had a small accident yesterday with the auger and the cable I dont know the hole story but bud was a little mad ."

Now that's funny right there \:D\:D\:D

Tell Bud I emailed MarCum and am waiting for a reply.

Nice work Bud just want you to know some of my fopas. grin.gifmad.gif

Down the hole... Two hand held FRS radios, a scoop and a box of jigs.

Burned throughs... burned a quarter size hole in my bibs a 12" round hole through my fish trap and melted a sleeve on one of my jackets.

Auger slices.. Fish trap pro about 3 times, one was a 12" rip, my new pair of rubber boots mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif that I purchased with Kyle in Minnesota.

I guess all you can say is if your going to ice fish be prepared to lose, burn and slice some gear. crazy.gif

Alright here is the deal,after i worked a deal with the wife to go away and fish for a whole day with you guys id come home and sunday was honey do day.My cousins shows up sunday morning on his birthday and says please take me fishing,so the giving soul the wife is says "ok don't be to long".So we go to a small lake in town and he doesn't have sonar so i said we can share mine.I find a school of fish drill 3 holes,1 for the sonar and 1 for each of us.We catch some fish and the school moves on,so he says i'll drill some holes and find some more....huh

he must not have been paying attention when he was standing next to me and saw me put the sonar in AFTER the holes were drilled.So while he was drilling the 2nd hole the auger slips off the side of the hole and slice right in half.....that was the end of the outing to say the least,being his birthday and all i tried not to act mad but i think i failed because he said he though i was going to explode.Oh well

Wow, that's a lot of damage but I can see how it can happen! I've had some close calls with the wind blowing the trap while the aquaview or transducer is in the hole and almost shearing off the cable and yes, I've burned some holes in clothing with the heater. Some guy last year we know lost his FL-18 down a 10" hole and never got that back so it could be worse.

My line got caught up in my reel under the drag so I took the spool off and guess where it went, right down the hole. It amazes me that if I was trying to throw something in the hole I would miss, well I had to just keep pulling the line off the spool and hoped when I got to the end I tied a good enough knot to hold it coming up..... LOL

I'll take me spool going down the hole compared to you day though..

Man,

now I know why we all get along, we all have the same kind of luck! I think we must keep the world in balance. All I kow is we better not all stand close during a lightning storm!!!

Nice Fish you got there!