• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which One?

Lee,

I have the blue suit and really like it.You have to do a little experimenting when it comes to your layering system,but when you figure out what combination makes you happy its a VERY comfortable suit. I used to wear a Mustang Survival suit and while its EXTREMELY warm it was very confining and cumbersome,the flotation factor was nice too and very little clothing underneath was always good.So when it came to getting yet another get up there was some getting used to,but now I love it.And its nice to be able to effortlessly take your parka off any time you want.My partner has the Extreme suit and says its great and very warm,theres an inner jacket in the parka that zips out if you want to just wear that somewhere or have less bulk on warmer days.He says he only wears a layer or two underneath with no problems.The bibs come apart so the pants can be worn just as pants with no bibs,which is a nice option as well.If they would have had it out when I bought the blue suit I would have opted for that one.The way I figure it,if your gonna spend $250.00 why not spend another $100 and have the best with no regrets!

Sorry but cant help you with the sno-suit.

My two cents is to shop around and buy either cabelas or ganders version of gore-tex, uninsulated. The big thing is waterproof and windproof. Insulated suits feel heavy, bulky and combersome.

5 or so years ago I picked up on sale Gander bibs for 55 bucks. I usually wear good moisture wicking long underwear and fleece pants under them and have never been cold on the bottom.

Same with up top, good long underwear, a layer or two of fleece, and unless im outside or walking I almost never put on my uninsulated parka. You can pick up a parka for under a hundred no problem. On sale recently at wally world I bought a remington windproof fleece jacket for 20 bucks, makes a great layer...

Plus you can get other colors so you dont look like a sheep in the army... whistle.gif

Just my useless 2cents...

The Sportsman's Guide sells Guidewear Ice park & bibs, it looks just like the ice suit for much less with out it advertising Ice Armor on it. I was thinking about picking that up and putting some HSO, Marcum and other logo patches on it.

Thanks Dark, I'm always going into Gander in Cicero and trying to catch their Trap Pro's on sale, I'm also going to pick up another Flasher and pass alot of my equipment down to my boys but that's another topic.

I just need something that's going to be waterproof, windproof and keep me warm without 5 layers on.

Doug I love my CIG bibs too. But I only whar them when it's brutal out. Days above 10 degrees, I like my Strikemaster Iceessential Parka/bib combo. The Parka is my favorite part. The bibs knees are padded but not in the seat. I hear the Strikemaster Hard Water wear is incredible and saw a few good reviews on them too. There waterproof unlike the water resistant ones I have... Does anyone know if the butts padded on these?

I went the cheap route too and got the uninsulated gander gear. I use military surplus ecws as a base layer and can be very warm without too much bulk. Mine will fit over my heavy bib and parka that I use for hunting when I'm really chilled. Last couple of years the slashed the price in Feb too. The nice thing about anything from the sporsman's guide is, if you don't like it, they take it back. Still looking for the perfect set though. Been looking at all the one's mentioned. Not sure what I'll be wearing next year, Tim....

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud
My two cents is to shop around and buy either cabelas or ganders version of gore-tex, uninsulated. The big thing is waterproof and windproof. Insulated suits feel heavy, bulky and combersome.

5 or so years ago I picked up on sale Gander bibs for 55 bucks. I usually wear good moisture wicking long underwear and fleece pants under them and have never been cold on the bottom.

Same with up top, good long underwear, a layer or two of fleece, and unless im outside or walking I almost never put on my uninsulated parka. You can pick up a parka for under a hundred no problem. On sale recently at wally world I bought a remington windproof fleece jacket for 20 bucks, makes a great layer...

Plus you can get other colors so you dont look like a sheep in the army... whistle.gif

Just my useless 2cents...

I like nobody knowing which blue suit I am!!!

When I used to wear a "different" color suit people used to get right on top of me all the time.

Matching is also an advantage when competitive fishing.

Guess I LIKE looking like a sheep!

I've been at this HARD CORE for over 25 years!Just offering my opinion,trying to help someone.Guess I'll just keep my experience to myself.

[quote name='

I've been at this HARD CORE for over 25 years!Just offering my opinion' date='trying to help someone.Guess I'll just keep my experience to myself. [/quote']

Johnny B - Dark Cloud is just picking on you, when he doesn't then you have to worry. ;\)grin.gif Your experiences are always welcome John that's how we learn.

Ice-addict - Relax, I wasnt taking a shot at you one bit. I dont care if you'v fished 45 years or 2 years, means nothing to me. If you want a peeing match I got 25 hard years on the ice too and could care less about tournaments. If you took that personal, im sorry, it wasnt. We wore the one piece refrigiwear suits for alot of years. They were one of the few options back then and were warm. Not very comfortable compaired to whats out there now...

I was simply stating there are other more comfortable, cheaper options out there in my opinion. The insulated suits feel bulky and heavy.I also dont care for the look of a matching top and bottom...

Timmy - I wasnt picking on anyone specific, although I did notice you got red bibs the year after I did, lol...

Finally back from travel and must endorse the IDI gear. When the package came in, I knew it was the suit or at least part of it because of the packaging. When I opened the approx 8 inch deep package, I was surprised to find the entire suit in there. It is extremely LIGHT and pretty much designed like the Ice Armor suit which I also have. With the added benefit of floating and the triple layer of insulation (one layer is good to -40 degrees), I decided, that the cost was well worth it to me . . .if I fell through. Ice Armor and Artic armor was the same price $299.

Frankie - Good to have ya back around, now I got someone besides Timmy to pick on... whistle.gif We'll maybe the Chef too, but I havent met him yet...

I just did a good bit of research on the IDI gear. Thats seems like the ideal suit for icefishing - warm, light weight, not bulky, water/wind proof, not to mention it floats. Pricey but could save your life.

I also like the fact that a guy could buy the orange/red bottoms and a camo top... grin.gif

Frankie's Back In Town - You finally put away your shovel and pail for a while or does the garden need attention again this weekend? Lee - IDI gear has a nice camo outfit that Frank has and it's definitely a multi use suit.

You see Ice Addict you can't dress Dark Cloud and no matter where he is on the ice he's easy to pick out just by following the vapor trail, we don't call him Dark Cloud for nothing...

Lee - All I can tell you from the years of fishing with Tank and Dark Cloud is you better bring your "A' game cause in casual fun fishing they will outfish you with a smile. I know if I outfish these guys I'm having a real good day and I don't think there were many or any that I pulled ahead of these two. They got it down, period...

If anyone is on C Friday Mohawk Valley Joe will be out there in front of the launch, easy to spot he has an American Flag on his FT pro...

I've had the guide series - stearns float suit- clam blue suit. Out of the three the blue suit is the the way to go.The guide series is ok if its not that cold. Float suit great for safety but if your a walker you'll be drenched with sweat by the time you walk to your spot.The blue suit is the most comfortable to me and warmer, padded knee's and rump fabric heavier than guide gear.

Check out reeds sporting goods online blue suit $189 + free shipping. Great sales goin on there right now!

Tim it was nice meeting ya at the naifc rules meeting in minny. Mark Rusinek

Ah, Jay a gentleman at that . . . red bottom to warn the public before you bend over to expel!!

Timmie . . . garden is still here and wants to go on the ice and meet you guys . . . where to this weekend boys. BTW my outfit is red like my hero Jay's.