• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 NAIFC

I think Steve and Kyle are in. Jimmy is still looking for a partner I believe cause Frank will be out of town. I'm out although ReelEmIn and a few others have been hounding my tail to come out of retirement but those close to me know it's something I would love to do if I had the funds. I like that the entry fees have been knocked down to $60 a man that's a hole bunch better that $110 ea. John Battistella has been keeping a close eye on the new series and maybe he can add a little info here to help jump start the new baby. i can tell you one thing guys they run a sweet tournament and NAIFC and I believ all the main characters are in place. I will make an appearance pre-fishing and hopefully Big Johnny Ice will be available. I think it would be a good get away for the gang while we pitch in to help Teams NY. I'm very proud that NY wonit and had two more teams in the top 10, Very proud of all the NY teams. Saw a blip in the NY Outdoors about it too. Congrats Rich and Kevin that was incredible and I'm still beaming for you guys, Wow! Now if they can just send you the winners check

Sorry I haven't posted any info on this guys,just been real busy!Plus this new site format keeps fighting me every time I try to log in.

Anyhoo,I believe the new NAIFC is going to be a big success in coming years.This year we're just hoping to get a good showing for each of the qualifiers so that the possible sponsors will look at the NAIFC as a viable investment.This whole new idea is proving to be quite a challenge due to the fact that it all literally came together just a few weeks ago.For those who don't already know,when the Trap Attack circuit went under there were a bunch of fishers who were very upset about the demise and took matters into there own hands to create this new series.These guys are doing this out of the kindness of there own hearts and making NO money in the process.We still do have heavyweights heading up the new board of directors such as Dave Genze and Michael "Smitty" Smith,with some new guys such as Mike Mcnett,Brad Buys,Kevin Winkler,Jack Baker and others.We like to refer to the new way of doing things as "Fishers working for Fishers",where the series will be operated as it's own entity and NOBODY will be profiting personally.With the above stated fishers working for fishers every one involved has a duty to get the word out and get people interested so we can make this thing GREAT!!Thats all I personally have been trying to do,Hanging posters and flyers,contacting media sources and basically doing MY part.This new series is open to ANY companies who want to represent/sponsor it,no more you have to use these products or we're only represented by this company garbage!

Thats about all I can say at this point except SPREAD THE WORD!!Lets make sure N.Y.remains on the tourney trail and have a good turn out at Silver Lake.Oh by the way I just spoke with a board member who told me to contact someone(can't give names)about moving the N.Y. event further north next year..That would be pretty cool!Theres definitely some great fisheries that way as you guys well know.

[Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you]

Thanks John for taking the time to post the new direction information, I know your extremely busy. All I can say about the circuit is the comradery is second to none. Regardless of the competition the benefites of good fishing and talk pays more than the winners check. \:\) That's why we did did ours. Thanks John...

I have been considering the Silver Lake event for a few years now!

The only thing I am missing is a SOLID partner. I may just take the misses...seeing that she has her own electronics and Trap!

We'll see what I can come up with in the next few weeks.

It is a great tournament and I would love to just participate in the whole experience!

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
That would be great Doug... Steve I think is teaming up with his girlfriend Cindy, she's getting to be a heck of a stick and is better looking than Kyle \:D;\)

Timmy, quit spreading that rumor....!!! If she wants to fish it great but I highly doubt it.....It's a guy thing! LOL Besides she has school and 3 kid's \:\(

Steve.

Steve - That was hilarious when it happened while we were on the phone., for a split second the silence was deafening grin.gif

Well boys there should be plenty of reports coming as ice conditions are improving., here is the part in the season where I start going crazy thinking about which lake I can go to "deleting Delta completely".

As far as the new tournament series is concerned I give the guys credit for filling the void of a potentially lost season and starting up from scratch, things will be a little crazy I'm sure starting all over again but the guys that are involved will find away to get it done. I look for this series to be even bigger and better for the 09 season. Maki and I were talking about this today when things are complete this season they will have the 08 off season to secure (sponsors) and fine tuning will be accomplished. I think the events this season will be alot of fun as is every trap I have been associated with. It's more about the brotherhood than anything else and that will always be intact.

I didn't realize I could NOT post the associated links to the NAIFC Tournament Series...sorry.

If anybody wants to know what they are you are more than welcome to PM me and I'll let you know.OR ask Timmy...

Thanks

Me and bud talked about fishing it but we have never fished it and now nothing about the lake but would realy like to fish and meet new people . its long ride for us to pre fish but if we are going to fish it we are going to have to make the trip out . not decided yet time will tell .

Yeah its a hike for you guys Tyler...We would hook up tho man for some pre-fishing, Tim, Jimmy, and I fished it before, have an idea of whats up there. And trust me Silver lake is like a 5 min trip compared to Minnesota if you guys end up qualifying!!!

If Several NY temas Make it We should get a van and a U-Haul for the trip next Decemember!!! Lol... Better yet an RV, and a U-haul for traps and ATV/Sleds!

I can see that party on wheels now!

We will have to meet up one weekend and give it a try and see how we make out I realy want to fish it and do well so we will have to make the trip out and pre fish it let me know when your ready to go out .

Your not done yet Kyle!!!

Tyler,I know it's tough dealing with all that driving but Its definitely a cool experience(no pun intended).when it comes to fishin Silver lake,it's an excellent perch and gill fishery.you mostly fish the weeds for the gills and it takes a super steady hand and almost a connection with the force for the perch on the flats!

As for never fishing that lake,thats the same way we feel every time we drive hundreds and thousands of miles to fish another qualifier or the championship,its kind of a daunting feeling but MANY are in the same boat.Just gotta give it all you got and hope for the best,but MOST IMPORTANT enjoy youself and have FUN!!

I know John, i just talked with Timmy for awhile and well, i feel there was some unfinished business left in Minnesota at the last NAIFC. So with that being said ive finally committed to fishing Silver Lake 08' with my new partner USMC Steve (Timmy's now in retirement) We will see how long that lasts grin.gif. I couldnt be more excited to fish with Steve, timmy has told me that i couldnt find a better guy to be around and that hes unstopable on the ice.

Im also excited about seeing all of the guys that we met last year at Silver and at the Championship and all the new faces that we got going to Silver this year, what a group of guys! Its almost impossiable to walk away from this group. NYS will be a force once again this year!!! Im pumped! \:D

I have created a monster grin.gif actually, it was the whole TA/NAIFC experience that got him hooked.. Unfortunately like Kyle said the only way I come out of retirement would be if Big Johnny Ice decided he wanted to give her a go again...

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
I have created a monster grin.gif actually, it was the whole TA/NAIFC experience that got him hooked.. Unfortunately like Kyle said the only way I come out of retirement would be if Big Johnny Ice decided he wanted to give her a go again...

HHHMMMMM!!! From "I'm done"

To sudden stipulations!

Tim If you team up with Big Johnny,I had better start practicing NOW!!!

Kyle,congratulations! You and usmcSteve will be a force to be reconed with!

Once it's in your blood,there's NO goin' back!!!!!!!

Kyle,

Timmy will give you my numbers (all 4 of them...LOL) and we can start getting the plan in place. I was hoping that you all could venture south and fish in my neck of the woods this weekend because I'm planning on fishing Silver a few weekends before the trap. If possible I would like to get atleast one 3 day trip to get a feel on how the fishing is over a couple days period. We'll get a plan and hit Silver running....

Tim, hope you guy's can make it!

Oh man Steve this weekend is completly shot. My girlfriend is moving in with me crazy.gif So its going to be filled with moving and unpacking...I will get the numbers and talk to you soon about setting something up, i know Tim is pumped about getting down there as well...

Yep Steve unfortunately this weekend is out. Hoping to get some eye fishing done possibly Saturday I know a guy who has a friend that he fall walleye fishes with that has real good access on the Big O so I was invited to go check it out. Sunday could be shaky and I think C is going to need a bit more seasoning according to Z yesterday on the phone. I maybe wrong but I am thinking early next week for a trip if temps hold and they don't get any snow. Fishingking let me know how LC looks in your travels if you can, appreciate that, also your buddy Chenbasshead has not contacted me as of yet.

Kyle , have some good news Bud (aka auger) and I are in for silver lake just have to put in for time off and make plans to find a place to stay and figure out which day to heard out to prefish it . with any luck have a good showing for New York .

Originally Posted By: ICE_ADDICT

HHHMMMMM!!! From "I'm done"

To sudden stipulations!

Tim If you team up with Big Johnny,I had better start practicing NOW!!!

Kyle,congratulations! You and usmcSteve will be a force to be reconed with!

Once it's in your blood,there's NO goin' back!!!!!!!

Well John I'm flattered but your team is all business and a a top 10 team in the nationals. Yeah you bet you can hang your hat on that friend. Anyway haven't heard from Johnny in a while so I thought I would just copy and paste what he sent me. As usual he's very busy...

Hi Tim! I have been busy at work and at home for the last month or so, and I only got out ice fishing four times before that big thaw. I made it to Silver two of those times and did well. Also, I am building an additional bedroom for the my new son who is due to arrive in the middle of February. I am doing the mudding right now, so I got to get going on it the next couple of weeks.

I can't commit to the TA because of the closeness to my son's birth....I am not even sure if I will be able to join you in the prefishing activities with your buds, but I sure as heck will try to get out.

Well Johnny you take care of that family and get as much sanity as you can away from it on top \:\) Call me when your package comes in.. Take care pal...

Thanks Tim,Thats mighty kind of you!I guess all business is our idea of fun and it seems to work,SO FAR!!so I suppose there will be no changing that strategy for now.

CONGRATS BIG JOHNNY!!!Another lip ripper in the making!!LOTS of health and happiness wished to your family!