• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish TV by Nature Vision

SgtTweety

I have been looking at underwater cameras and was wonder if anyone has one of these? It seems like a good deal but runs off of 10 C batteries. How long does it run on one set of batteries cuz they are not cheap? Would it be cheaper to get a more expensive camera that comes with a battery and charger? Thanks.

A friend of mine has one of them, he has it hooked to a vex battery, I dont believe he had to buy any other adaptor, I believe it has a cord that has aligator clips on it. We were at Millacs last weekend, in 17ft, his fish tv came in clearer then my Aqua Vu Scout. His vex battery lasted longer then mine also.

hi i got the cabelas underwater camera and i love it. It comes with the battery and it last for about 12 hours with steady use.I have also hooked it up to my deep cell batteies at night. works the best but i have used it all day long from day break till dusk then it goes dead with the battery it comes with i think its got long life.at dusk tho then i hook it to the deep cell batery. but the larg screen is awsome. plus i hook it up to me 13" color tv wow thats awsome.

i got one for christmass, i just bought a 12v lawn mower battery. but the thing broke after 2 uses. seems there was something wrong with the cable that went to the battery or the plug in on the unit for that cable. i went back and exchanged it a couple days ago. i had to order it and am currently waiting for my new one. also, ive never used another aqua view before, but the picture takes a dump at about 3pm when the sun starts going down a little

1 hour ago, Fishgutz1 said:

Hi. I just received a Nature vision Fish TV. Camera works great. But is their a secret to turn on the LED lights? 

Welcome to the forum.

Underwater cams can be really fun and helpful.  I believe that your cam is a bit old and that Nature Vision turned in to Aqua-Vu and is now owned by another company below.  You may give them a call or send them an email and see if they still have any info on your model?   Good Luck.

Outdoors Insight, Inc
34076 County Road 3
PO Box 524
Cross Lake, MN 56442
(218) 692-4880-Direct

More Details  description

• Five-inch black & white CRT monitor
• 50 feet of camera cable
• Sunshield with Velcro attachments
• Anti-spook Fish Cam with built-in adjustable ULTRA RED lights
• Adjustable contrast & brightness
• Powered by 10-C batteries (not included) or external 12-volt battery

image.png.8f5c704b0932bb7344481304df53c793.png

Edited by leech~~

If you want a camera I would strongly recommend getting one that does 360 degree rotation. This type unlike the marcum rotates inside the housing so nothing moves to scare the fish. It’s a huge advantage when you can pan 360 degrees and see in every direction. spacer.png

10 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

If you want a camera I would strongly recommend getting one that does 360 degree rotation. This type unlike the marcum rotates inside the housing so nothing moves to scare the fish. It’s a huge advantage when you can pan 360 degrees and see in every direction. spacer.png

What brand is this?

Thanks

12 hours ago, 1lessdog said:

What brand is this?

Thanks

Surprisingly they are made in China.?‍♂️

Originally I bought one that was B&W sold through the Cuddeback company called c-fish. I used that for a few years and then came across these with a better case and color lenses so I bought one. I’ve probably had it for 4-5 years and it’s nice to have. 

there are two types I found out.

one lets the camera continuously rotate in either direction. You can switch direction, change the speed it rotates and stop it. The first one I had was like this. I would drill a hole in the center of the hub and set the camera so my son, his friends and I could watch the camera. It could see all the baits and when fish moved in from any direction we would be able to see it. 

the other kind does 360 but it will only to from 0-360 then stops and goes back to zero, stops and back to 360.that still works but I like the one that continuously rotates better. Both are better than trying to twist the cord until it points where you want. 

On 1/6/2020 at 8:03 AM, 1lessdog said:

What brand is this?

Thanks

All camera "parts" are made in China or orient countries. Some are assembled in the U.S. Eyoyo out of China makes the 360 at about $250.00.

One could also build there own wireless in a suitcase with level wind deploy/ retrieve, 360 rotate, single button DVR record and run on the M18 18v drill battery. I'll get some live video this weekend on my Ottertail trip.

Now all you have to do is under sell the Chicoms and you'll be a millionaire!  Love how you covered up your system with a sheet of paper. You never know when those Chinese will copy it off Youtube!  ?

Very cool! ?