• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master Sharpening Service (Now Authorized by Nils Master)

Looking for a closer, faster avenue to get that Nils blade sharpened? Look no further.

Nils Master Blade Sharpening

UPDATE: Surface Tension is now and Authorized by Nils Master to sharpen and reset Nils blades.

Surface Tension will be offering Sharpening for Nils Master Auger blades.

He knows the importance of getting your auger back in service and will do all he can to get your blades back to you ASAP.

Cost will $20 plus return shipping.

Blade removal:

To help the removal of blade,

warm the area where the stub meets

the auger shaft to melt any ice.

Remove the retaining bolt and with a rubber or wooded mallet

tap the blade to rotate it off the shaft.

Do this on the radius above the cutting edges.

Do not bend the blade.

Shipping Instructions:

Ship blade with guard on and pack box with packing material.

Include return Name and address and email address in

case I need to get a hold of you. I'll also email you when your blade is shipped back to you.

Please use the United States Postal Service

Include payment for return shipping, which should be the same as what it cost to ship to me.

You'll be getting your blade back.

Use a permanent ink pen and write your name on your blades for your own piece of mind.

If your blade is bent or had been previously sharpened incorrectly, chances are they won't be any good.

Those blades will be returned back to you minus shipping and handling.

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd,

Saginaw, MN

[email protected]

Thanks Harvey Lee and Todd.

Price to sharpen a Nils is $20 plus return shipping which should be around $6.

This is not a blade exchange, your blade will be sharpened and returned to you.

I also test drill ever blade. I can do this and get your blade sent back to you the next day.

Thanks all that have used this service. The USPS Priority Mail shipping has worked out well with blades taking one day to get to their destination.

As stated above, I drill test all blades before sending them out.

That will be possible for a couple more weeks. Once the ice has deteriorated I won't be able to do that.

And I can attest to the fact that he knows what he is doing. Mine was sent in late last winter and Frank was not able to test it cause the ice went south, well....maybe just got alittle to soft. Anyway, when I finally got a chance to test the sharpened bit this winter, it cut like new.

Thanks for the great service.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Ice Ranger, I'm not sure if I understand your post so I'll try and explain what you'll send in. The entire red part is the cutting head and that is what you'll send. (Priority Mail is anywhere from 6-9 dollars BTW) This is a very snug fit and because your using a lot of twisting and pulling force you'll need to be careful. I suggest wearing thick leather mits.

You remove the nut and bolt at the cutting head.

You'll need to rotate the cutting head so it separates from the flute on the auger shaft. Once you get to that point turn the head till it feels like a free spot. Now wiggle the head back and forth while pulling the head from the auger shaft.

It was changed today first thing this am as the blade I was using has drilled all of last seasons holes and half of this seasons fishing. That baby did its job well but now needs a little attention from FRANK'S SHARPENING SERVICE.

Thats alot of drilling on one blade.

Here is where I send mine to get to like new condition again.

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd,

Saginaw, MN 55779

[email protected]

Surface tension I e-mailed you awhile back but never received a reply if you will sharpen the Nils blades for us canucks . I get a little nervous since the backup is now installed on my Nils and I have a dull one on the shelf . If you can't I'll just order one from Nils .

TD

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Going to Canada, it takes extra time to clear customs and is spendier. You will need to send it via UPS or Fed-Ex if you want tracking all the way.

If you request tracking from the USPS they track it to the closest Canadian border post office handling facitlity only. Customs is not as rigorous via USPS and is faster that way.

Oh don't I know so well the B.S. with our border .Grrrr . I just received a couple of Arctic Armour suits by UPS and that worked fine . Thanks for the e-mail Surface Tension and I replied . I'm hoping this works .

I know it's going to be spendier for sure Rick like everything for us up here and understood .

TD

BottomPounder, I haven't received anything in the last week. I'll be out of town till Sunday. So if it comes today or Sat, it'll be sent back out on Mon. Send me an email and I'll let you know when it comes.

No problem shipping to Canada. I can use International First Class or Priority International. That would be through the United States Post Office. First class is a cheaper option so which ever you choose just include shipping charges.

Slabineye, I'm not familiar with your area but try the bait shops or large sporting goods stores.

I gotta say I sent mine in and it got back to me in a nils second. Problem was I expected the package on the door step as this is the way the nils arrived, dumb me, I sent it off in a box that fit in the mail box.

I got it back and I had to use it because again dumb me used the other one next to a sand bar that blew sand onto the area I drilled.

I did not use it in the same area but it did act as if new and still going strong,

Thank you Frank

You have another one coming your way.

Surface Tension rules