• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March Bassin trip

Me and a buddy are trying to put together a fishing trip for over spring break. We are from Minnesota and are trying to get some fishing in before the May opener here. We are planning on going down to Table Rock march 18-23, but we haven't fished it before. Is this a good time of year for fishing on Table rock? Or is it still a little early for a good pre-spawn bite? If we had it our way we would wait until April but our school schedule is dictating our plans. Also, we were looking at staying at Lunker landing resort on the west side near Shell Knob. Is this a good location or should we look at staying closer to Branson on the East side? Just looking for some advice. Any info would be much appreciated.

Lunker Landing is a good resort. They have a pretty good boat landing. I usually go to Shell Knob anywhere from the last week of March through the 3rd or 4th week of April. I have found that usually the fishing is best for me around the time they hold the Shriners Bass Tournament. You can look at Shell Knob's web sight for a fishing report. If you haven't been to the area before it is beautiful this time of year. Also, you will either have to cook for yourself or go to town to eat as I don't know of any reorts in the area (maybe Kings Resort) that has food and a bar.

St. Paul Dan,

I live in Mason City, Iowa. I've been fishing Tablerock for about 15 years and always in the Shell Knob area. Got started in that area with a group of guys from Kansas and Missouri who thought ripples on the water meant it was too windy to fish!! HUH?? windy?? I took a couple of those boys to Minnesota and showed then wind!! I also tried to get them to "lip" a few walleyes and northerns but they learned fast about that.

The lake can be intimidating to fish but the normal bass techniques seem to work wherever you fish. Crappie fishing has been absolutely unbelieveable in the past with a 10" minimum. The size and numbers have declined but I think they are starting to rebound.

I love the area and the people. Everything is laid back and the local people are really friendly once you get to know them. Shell Knob is small but has everything you will need to make your trip enjoyable. There is a Super Walmart in Berryville, Arkansas if you feel the need but the local bait shops carry just about everything.

If you keep an eye on this forum there are some guys that are willing to answer any questions you may have and give some real good information about the area. I also recommend visiting the Shell Knob web site at www.shell knob. com

Capt. H