• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Resort with Sleeper Ice House Rentals???

Does anyone know of a resort that has sleeper ice houses to rent in the Hayward Lakes or another Wisconsin area within a reasonable drive from Minneapolis? I take a group of around 25 guys on a trip every year. In the past we've gone to Upper Red and Mille Lacs in Minnesota, but this year we would like to find a new area to try. Thanks!

I don't think you'll find any in the Hayward area but there's plenty of resorts you can stay at and hop around to the different lakes. If it were me, I'd do a google search for Grindstone (that's a good walleye lake and centrally located) for a resort. Bring the portables and snowmobiles (we've got quite a bit of snow) and look into hiring a guide.

Hayward's got 2 top notch bait stores, Hayward Bait and Tackle and Pastikas that would be willing to help out.

Hayward B&T: 715-634-2921

Pastikas: 715-634-4466

Sleaper shacks are more of a minnesota thing. You will have a hard time finding them in WI. I have fished here my whole life and had never even seen one until we went to Upper Red a few years ago. Get yourself a nice cabin on shore and head out from there.