• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Tim, Time to do a little ground and pound on some chippers wink.gifI can't wait first time out on the ICE this year with Tim and Amanda always a pleasure cool.gif.Seeing kids ice fishing reminds me of when I was a kid (still am grin.gif)you don't ever forget about something like that those moments are PRICELESS wink.gifsmile.gif.Timmy you got the camera grin.gif

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks insuranceguy! Yep I posted a report in the CNY Tim and Kyle thread. It was a beautifuld day on the ice with Amanda, she caught some pretty decent gills today too on the white and brown Maki's... wink.gif Usually you get pestered on that lake with small to med, sized gills but we did catch a few quality gills as well and fishingking caught a slime dart which later ate my Timanti confused.gif Here's the pics...

Amanda's first fish caught this morning...

1000859pz5.jpg

Pwr Bait and Fishingking (Todd looking snazzy in his new blue suit) wink.gif

1000860cp7.jpg

Amanda scores first gill...

1000861jm9.jpg

Close up on the inhaled Maki...

1000862uw7.jpg

It was a nice gill...

1000863ic6.jpg

Todd with a dandy..

1000864ip0.jpg

Amanda with another...

1000865gh1.jpg

Fishingking with a beauty...

1000866sc6.jpg

Timmy, Amanda, and Gang - Nice report. A few of those gills look much nicer than the average outta there...

Dad and I hit a diff spot this morning and things worked out ok. Ice was iffy, two layers. About 2 inches of ice then an inch of slush then another inch and a half of ice. We didnt make it to the location we wanted but poked around and found some fish. Ended up with 15 nice crappies 10 to 12 3/4 inches, kept a few perch, Guess who got one almost 13 inches, caught a half dozen gills, a half dozen small eyes, and think we iced 9 decent smallies. Wasn't fast and furious but certainly nice...

This warm-up, rain, and refreeze will actually help most lakes...

dsc00743cv2.jpg

Thought he had another smallie...

dsc00742ed6.jpg

Cripes!!! this was my 1000 post!

DC AND Tank nice callies Tank thats a nice perch cool.gif.Tim,amanda and Fishingking it was nice fishing with all of you I had a good time wink.gif.I hope this weather doesn't do to much damage to the ice so we all can get together and do it again sometime. Thunderman smile.gif

Nice crappies Dark Cloud. I've fished that lake and that spot more than a few times when I was younger grin.gif Lots of great memories for me there!! Nice pictures Timmy. It was really nice weatherwise on Saturday. I'm finally going to be able to do some fishing this coming weekend and probably going for crappies and walleyes cool.gif

Here I am Timmie!! Gees with all the bright outfits out there it will be a tough choice between colors of lures and color of outfits! Do I match Timmie and Tank or Steve and Todd . . .I think the early and late season will be the red Artic suit so if I go through, I'll float, well supposed to float.

Frankie - most turds float, you should be ok. wink.gif

Dad, Meg, and I went up the neighbors pond for an hour today to check the ice and stretch some line. Didnt mark many but picked up 7-8 bass and a couple nice gills, all released. Ice was 4 inches of white ice and slick...

pc260014aq6.jpg

pc260016wo9.jpg

pc260019fp9.jpg

pc260023ag0.jpg

pc260017lm0.jpg

Got a new digital for christmas, an Olympus waterproof/shockproof. Its got a million setting and takes super nice picts. Cant wait to take some underwater picts...

Dude that new camera is smoking, nice shot's Jay. Rosa got one for Christmas too,a SONY Cybershot but I don't think she will let me take that fishing. mad.gif Franky is looking to fish possibly this weekend somebody want to hook a turd up? wink.gif

I've never met CNY Frank but he takes some abuse and it all seems good grin.gif That's great your neighbor has a pond with some fish in it Dark Cloud and that's a real good doggie pic to wrap it up. She looks a lot like one of our dogs that has some Collie and a few other breeds in him. grin.gif Hope to maybe meet you guys out on the ice and fish with Timmy again one Saturday this winter somewhere between there and here! I made some great venison sausage off my buck to grill up on the ice this year.

Dad and I spent the day on Long Pond. Had to keep moving and each hole was good for one to a couple of fish(we cut well over 50 holes). Mostly small/medium gills, small perch with a few nice ones, caught 3 diff year classes of crappies, and some nice largemouth. The last hour of the day you didnt have to move...

pc280033ei6.jpg

Been playing with the "macro" setting on the new camera...

pc280029at4.jpg

pc280035rs5.jpg

For those that live alittle closer to durago.There was a couple of posts on another site.Guy had 9 nice perch off of launch.Said there was 2.5 in there, 4.5 on the south end.Also somone 2 others limited out east shore near island.This is all here say so be careful.

Quote:

For those that live alittle closer to durago.There was a couple of posts on another site.Guy had 9 nice perch off of launch.Said there was 2.5 in there, 4.5 on the south end.Also somone 2 others limited out east shore near island.This is all here say so be careful.

again hear say i was on the south end Wednesday for 1.5 hours fished from 28 fow to 4 fow and only marked 2 fished I measured 3.75" in every hole I drilled. It was a little spongy and there was a nice hole 50 ft out from shore in 3-4 fow where someone went through one Saturday all i gotta say is tread lightly Hopefully next weekend the lake will be safe enough for solo trips smile.gif

I finally got out on a solo mission for the first trip of the season late this afternoon and was lucky to find some good ice. I also was fortunate enough to find the motherload of slabs within the first 10 minutes grin.gif The FL-18 was lit up like a Christmas tree ooo.gif Got on the ice at 2 and was off by 4 and home by dark with a limit of some very healthy crappies. Smallest ones were 10" even up to 12"! Enjoying a few beers and some fresh crappie for dinner tonight!!!!!

Heading out with salmonspanker tomorrow afternoon to a different spot to get a few more crappies and maybe a walleye or two!