• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test, trying to post some pic's of Cindy and I fishing last weekend. Most were taken on Saturday as on Sunday we were too busy catching nice perch and I didn't take many pic's

Cindy's first through the ice

DSC00071.jpg

Nice surprise

DSC00015.jpg

Nice Gill

DSC00016.jpg

Me with one

DSC00013.jpg

A few for dinner, this board is 12" wide so you can see the size of these Perch.

DSC00029.jpg

I now know that I no longer own a LX-5

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

I'll try and post more later, hope this works!

Steve

Originally Posted By: insurance guy
What happened to YOUR LX-5 grin.gif

John - Steve's second new one shipped to him this afternoon ;\)

Well John if we can't get out Saturday I hope there's a bar close to the lake, we may need therapy. crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Welcome to Fishing Minnesota. Which reminds me my cell is 315--334-3208. When things start solidifying round here again use it.

Sorry to seem rude, sometimes I'm a little slow. My cell is 761-****. Give me a holler I'm ready to head out most weekends.

Thanks,

Aaron

Steve . . . that's what happens when someone uses an LX-5!! Jimmie had the same problem with his 5 year old son when he let him use the LX-5 I let him borrow. His son decided he can not catch any fish without it, so he just runs around on the ice vs fishing.

Interesting Frank., are you saying LJ is smarter than the old man?

Speaking of SalmonSeeker73 - Thanks Jimmy for the new business card's they are snazzy. I have to make sure Steve Greving and Scott Brauer don't see them or there gonna want you to do some for them. grin.gif

Steve,great pics bro cindy's hooked isn't she, she looks like she has that Marcum tied down pretty good ;).Hows that knee doing I am sure its sore hopefully it will be good enough to get back out on some hard water pretty soon.Take care of that knee bro don't over do it.

We had a great time on Maydog today. Fished with some new ice heads and it was a pleasure to meet Ron, Larry and Loren (crappieslayer). Todd, Tim and our chef John had a decent day of the lake. We cut ice 8- 10", good ice with about 1/2 black ice. Shoreline was little punky to about 3' off the shore and Todd and John each dunked a boot. We caught sonme very nice crappies and sunnies today and Todd Larry and Ron got some nice perch too. We hunted around all morning not doing a heck of alot till we found some deep basin water that was productive. Just wanted to thank John for an excellent out ing, Todd and I had a ball and your venison and sausage marinated in jabenero was outstanding John. I was pretty successful today with red buggi's, white/brown maki's and brown stonies. We finally got our internet back up but the phone here is still acting up. Enjoy the pics and good luck to you guys tomorrow fishing...

Insurance Guy bangs the first slab of the morning!

1000901jo9.jpg

My first crappie, pink Loner with pink Maki..

1000902rv0.jpg

Todd with a nice perch..

1000903cz6.jpg

Nice bull Todd...

1000904ud0.jpg

Fishingking scores early and often. Nice bucket of fish you took home Tim...

1000905ic4.jpg

Tim staying on em...

1000906gm6.jpg

I'll take this slab it came on a custom jigs and spins 1/16 oz. demon jigging spoon red glow/gold with a white maki hung horizontal off the treble hook...

1000907om3.jpg

Lunchtime and Chef John unveiled these tasty morsels to us, incredible, thanks buddy...

1000908is1.jpg

Fishingking caught this pretty plate...

1000910dv8.jpg

Another crappie on Maki Plastics!

1000911om9.jpg

Way to go Fishingking another slabasaurus, very pretty and wide

1000912ok5.jpg

Todd with a nice hooey grande

1000913ol3.jpg

Maki Plastics going strong..

1000914bq4.jpg

I didn't catch many gills but this was one of em..

1000915di6.jpg

Scenic shot of the skyline above the lake before we called it a day, and a good day it was...

1000916kz2.jpg

Todd - Heather is staying home for Amanda so I maybe able to scoot south with you guys... I'll call you in the morning. I have to be back by 4 p.m. though...

Nice guys! Tim, that smile says it all. Just happy to be on the ice! lol I've been going through boxes during the lull and you wouldn't believe the stuff I forgot I still had from that big order a few years back. lol Delong, Little Atom, Bad Dog, Jammin' Jigs, etc. Bought way more than I should have but hey, they made us a sweet deal. I've got to get some of those Maki to play with. I'll have to pick your brain on what to order. It's an addiction!! Can't wait to get out again. Look forward to fishing with you.

Ray

We went down to Hamilton last night and I stopped by Marine and Lelands on the way home. The big side of Marine is mostly water with some large sheets of ice floating around. The small side is still one large sheet with about 30 yards of water around it. Good chance of getting on that if the temps cooperate. I couldn't see much on Lelands, but it looked like mostly water with a few sheets of ice floating around.

Great job guys! Sorry I missed that outing.

Chef, I may be there when you get there tomorrow. Now that the Pats have the game locked up I can get to bed. I'll be in a clam guide with a nills auger.

Nice pictures there camera man I had a good time on the ice yesterday.John it was nice meeting you finally I am looking foward to fishing with you again in the future thanks for the good eats.Tim#2 and loren I heard you had a little flurry on the callies after we left good job guys it was nice fishing with ALL of you guys cool.gif.

We fished a southern tier lake and stretched our johnson's hoping for a big fish, oh well. Caught a few dinks and left for home at 1:45 p.m. I had enough. Caught teh end of the Indy/Bolts game that was awesome. Rosa made riggies mmmmmm... Just wanted to thank Doug and his wife there for lunch, appreciate that pal. I was talking to that old guy that was unloading when I left and he said 10 -12" crappies at dark he averages a doz. to 15 keepers and just lives up the road. They just weren't anywher we drilled. Happy to be on top with a great crew. Enjoyed it and will see what the next cold snap holds for the rest of these lakes..

Tim,we stayed till about 3:15pm I drilled about 10 to 15 more holes and out of them I marked 4 fish and they all gave me the finger.Tim#2 and loren were still out there when we left I think they were going to stay for the night bite confused.gif.

Nice to share some ice with the "King" again and your welcome on the hot venison. Great to finally meet the Toddmeister and fish with old number #70 aka Timmy again and meet Loren! grin.gif We need some cold air to stick around and hopefully by the end of the month we can be back on some of our favorite lakes cutting a few inches of good ice.

We tossed around the idea of comming up but did the church then breakfast thing, then watched my little niece today...

Took her to the park as you can tell by the picts, she had a blast...

I had a feeling the fish were gonna be off today, the pressure was off, you can feel it in your sinuses and joints...

p1130127nf9.jpg

p1130136ln7.jpg

She went down the slide once with me then she was ready to go by herself, over and over...

p1130154fm7.jpg

p1130169zm7.jpg

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
We fished a southern tier lake and stretched our johnson's hoping for a big fish, oh well. Caught a few dinks and left for home at 1:45 p.m. I had enough. Caught teh end of the Indy/Bolts game that was awesome. Rosa made riggies mmmmmm... Just wanted to thank Doug and his wife there for lunch, appreciate that pal. I was talking to that old guy that was unloading when I left and he said 10 -12" crappies at dark he averages a doz. to 15 keepers and just lives up the road. They just weren't anywher we drilled. Happy to be on top with a great crew. Enjoyed it and will see what the next cold snap holds for the rest of these lakes..

Timmy he was right \:\) as it started getting darker the dink gills really picked up caught at least 3 dozen total today but nothing over 7 1/4" even a few dinky perch were caught Caught 4 dink crappies before the evening bite picked up but once it got dark the crappies were slamming. I caught about 2 dozen 4"-9" crappie and around 6 that were 9-10" and 5 that were 10-11" Loren said he caught around 15 legal fish one was close to 11 1/2" he was also slaying the dink gills before dark and caught 3 big bullheads (12-14") after dark. All the fish went back down the holes. We fished from about 1:30 to around 6:30. Another guy was coming out on the ice while we were leaving. We didn't take any pictures but it was nice to get out on some new waters. It was fun once it starting getting dark \:\) but defiantly not a place a would drive outta my way to fish again

Doug - Should be a great trip for you and the family, you'll like the ice there a bunch better too. Amanda stayed home sick she had a fever this morning so Rosa took the day off to stay with her. Looking forward to your report.

Dark Cloud - I can't believe my cell didn't work there, just in case you showed up I did have that rod I wanted you to check out. Nice pictures from the park there and your niece's facial expression coming down the slide is priceless.

Fishingking - After talking to that old man I wouldn't scratch that place off completely for a night bite spot, the drive was only an hour an 20 min. for me on dry roads, not too bad. Had a feeling that things would pick-up after a majority of the crew left. It was just the ticket for diminishing ice conditions this season and fishing with friends. I will say this that place definitely fishes similar to Morraine although I would give Morraines gills a better rating especially after this seasons ventures there.

I would love to make a run back up-north this week but will have to see what's going on with work and family before I can make a move. Great fishing with you guys and Todd I am sorry I missed your call last night. I will talk to you tonight.