• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winter weather reports

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got up this morning to take Cindy's son on the lake. Turned on the weather channel and it was calling 2* with the wind chill, too cold for a 7 year old \:\( Looked outside and the trees were moving quite a bit.....Guess I needed another hour or so sleep eek.gif Oh well maybe tomorrow for a few hours. Good luck to whoever goes out tomorrow.

Steve

Well I went from a dusting on the ground last night to 5 inches of snow this morning.It is light fluffy snow so the traveling shouldn't be to bad this weekend.It would be nice if we had some wind to blow this snow off the ice.

Todd- I believe the wind will take care of most of that snow this afternoon, don't you fret 15 -25 mph from the west will do ;\) However it will be 10-15 mph from the west on fish day. That's the early weather report...

It looks like are weather is going to change again this week.Warm temps coming in this week and rain mad.gif not to many of the night temps are going to cold that stinks.Anyone ventureing out this week BE CARFUL on the shore lines and good luck.Thunderman

That's depressing, gotta try to think positive.... Oh I got it!This is just getting us that much closer to spring perch fishing in the open water... ;\)grin.gif

On to the Game...

"Go Giants" Ha ha ha Tina \:D:D, "Just had to do that..." ;\) The Giant's defense was incredible , patriots seemed to look a little old tired.gifin this game quick., they are going to have offensive line problems next year.... Giants did it right......

I was going to be one of the weather warriors today but it was just raing too hard here. The damp makes me ache to begin with so I just figured it wouldn't be as much fun as I like. I hate having to be under the tent the whole time. I got new blades for the auger and put them on last night, so I'm ready to go. I'll do an exchange on the blades at the end of the season so I'll have two sets for next year. Toying with the idea of hitting someplace later just to get out. I hate passing up any free day. I've got things to do, but the season is so short...

Hey Guys - Gotta love the low temps starting Saturday night. We only got a dusting of snow last night 1/2" in spots, supposed to get 1 -2" of snow possibly during the day, sofar what I see is very very light.

Well that birdie could call me and chirp a bit. ;\) Did the birdie check the deep basin (ice conditions) as well and what did the birdie find? whistle.gif There's other birdies especially in the southern tier that would love to get there early and get the worm grin.gif Also Robb mentioned he might be on C this Saturday so if you want his cell for chatter out there getin touch with me. Can't make it Saturday as I made plans for gills with Todd.

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Well that birdie could call me and chirp a bit. ;\) Did the birdie check the deep basin (ice conditions) as well and what did the birdie find? whistle.gif There's other birdies especially in the southern tier that would love to get there early and get the worm grin.gif Also Robb mentioned he might be on C this Saturday so if you want his cell for chatter out there getin touch with me. Can't make it Saturday as I made plans for gills with Todd.

Ill see what I can find out today. I probably wont be back on there for at least a week unless i do short evening trips

This morning's report says Sat 40 and Sun in the 20

s with high winds and a windchill of about 0 or lower. Can't get out in the earlier part of Sat so I guess it's later in the day or nothing. Anyone getting out? May even go for an evening run.

Guys, if you're looking for unpainted jigs in different shapes and weights but can't find them, there's a placein WI called Reinkie Bros. No web page but they do mailings. They pour all kinds of jigs we don't usually see. Todd, Tim, DC, those little 1/200th I have came from there. I've got the address and phone here if you want it. Not sure if there's an email on the tag but I'll check.

I'm crazy enough to get out, you know that. All I need is an excuse/motivation/person to blame it on or other viable option. lol Ah, where to go...? Part of Sat is out, it's my son's 19th and he "thinks" he's going to come down for "a little while". If I could only get him on the ice again! He was a stinking fish magnet!! Just drill a hole, no sonar, just sit him down and he'd catch fish. It was amazing and funny as it gets. I did just that one day and never got to even bait my rig. Dad, got a fish, Dad, got a fish, on and on. Some real nice 'gills too. He ended up jigging and setting the hook for a little kid that was on the ice with his Dad. He'd then turn the rod over and let the boy reel it in. I'd have killed for the opportunity to get out and fish or hunt when I was young. My Dad wasn't interested or supportive. Oh well.