• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winter weather reports

Got a light dusting of snow last night its about 24* right now.Tomorrow get out the Kites its going to be a good day for that crazy.gif.As long as there is good ice Im going somewhere maybe in the channel on the big O thats a good place to get out of the wind grin.gif.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 10* this morning and light snow This afternoon we have snow coming in supposedly they forcast 6 to 8 inches.Looks like we are going to trudge through some snow its a good thing we have a good base of ice we have lucked out on the snow so far this season.Time for a work out crazy.gif.

This is the lates update, ugly sick.gif

NORTHERN ONEIDA-YATES-SENECA-SOUTHERN CAYUGA-ONONDAGA-MADISON- SOUTHERN ONEIDA-

1151 AM EST TUE FEB 12 2008

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST WEDNESDAY.

LIGHT SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE FINGER LAKES...MOHAWK VALLEY AND TUG HILL PLATEAU AFTER 3 PM...THEN BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES BY SUNSET.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON WILL RANGE FROM 1 TO 2 INCHES. SNOW WILL CONTINUE MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES THIS EVENING WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1/2 TO ONE INCH PER HOUR POSSIBLE. AFTER MIDNIGHT...THE SNOW WILL MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO SLEET AND POSSIBLY FREEZING RAIN. SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING BEFORE DIMINISHING TO RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS BY MIDDAY. TOTAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES IS EXPECTED OVER THE REGION WITH ICE AMOUNTS OF UP TO ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW...

SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO ALL-HAZARDS OR YOUR FAVORITE LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETS FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR UPDATES FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE...

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
This is the lates update, ugly sick.gif

TOTAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES IS EXPECTED OVER THE REGION WITH ICE AMOUNTS OF UP TO ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH.

great and walkings been so easy this year

You guys are lucky we got 4-5" of fine sandy snow, blew that out at 5 a.m. this morning, temp here is 27 degrees and we have been getting freezing rain for a 1/2 hour now. Things don't look good for me tonite, will see. My Mom had some serious drifts in her driveway and I have a feeling I may be there after work \:\( Keeping my fingers crossed my Dad does some putzing around this morning with the blower.

Well guy's we have lucked out so far on the snow fall but its not over yet whistle.gif. Its a good thing that we have the ice we have now its been a long time since we have had black ice like this I am thankful and I know you guys are too. \:\)

Well its 18* here this morning and didn't get a drop of snow the wind is blowing pretty good right now.They forcast wide spread snow for Friday lets see how accurate they are with this one. It looks like you guys that are in the T/A will have some good weather for a change unlike last year the weather was terrible.