• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winter weather reports

I thought I would put this up seeing how the weather changed here from last night.It was about 37*last night this morning I got up and we have 23* and 3 to 4 inches of snow on the ground and still snowing cool.gif.Lets hope this cold stays maybe with the snow on the ground we can start forming some good ice grin.gif.I don't know about you guys but I like to know the conditions around our areas.When we get good enough ice maybe we can plan a little get together some where so we can tell lies and such grin.gifwhat do you guys think? Todd

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down in the binghamton area the last 2 nights its been in the mid teens the last couple of nights.We got 5in of fluffy snow last night.If this rain doesnt screw things up I think we will be on ice by the week end.

B3b - Calling that place a "barn" is a crime. Didnt notice a fridge but if it had one i'd be happy living out there...

Cold here too. Dad shot a doe yesterday and we skinned it and let it hang till today - froze solid. We figured it would get stiff but not freeze!

If we didnt get this snow we would be on the ice today. Checked a lake yesterday where we were hunting. An inch of ice, and inch of slush, then another inch of ice. Might be on this weekend...

Tyler that's good news a matter of fact Todd and I were already Pumped about making a run east as soon as it's ready, say hello to Bud and will see you guys soon...

Tank - Way to go on that doe... DC I'll give you a hollar in a few..

DC

the frig was immediately on your right as you walked in the barn door !!

You forgot the mahogany, what size do you need to make handles? I'll set some of the nicer grained stuff aside as I bring some in for kindling..

The ice conditions around these parts are pretty sloppy so I am told.Alot of slush and snow BECAREFUL out there guys I am going to try a few spots this weekend around here to see how bad it really is.I'm hopeing to find something to stand on I have the jigging BLUES and need to catch some fish.SAFTEY FIRST TODD

It is 44* right now no rain yet wind is blowing like crazy mad.gif.The melting process is in progress lets hope the snow on top of the ice melts. The wind is going to be the problem now with these temps I have seen ice disapate real fast lets hope we don't get alot of rain and the temps drop off like they say.

I don't have to tell you be safe Todd,but... be safe checking it... Weather like this gives me the oppotunity to redo some of my rods so a little lull in the action to shape up the slush and slop was needed. I think will be ok with 3 nice cold days in a row.

I know some of you don't want to hear this but I'm glad for the warm weather, rain and wind. The couple of lakes I've fished had the worst ice I've ever been on and made me a little nervous on it. I also look ahead to the late ice season and with what crappy ice there is or was would have made for a very short late ice season. I was on BB Sunday evening and even though there is ice there was a couple of spots with soft white ice and maybe 1" of clear ice. Be safe guys.

The wind blew the ice off Oneida yesterday/sunday, the ice is still there in front of town though. There is a open spot from just east of Constantia all the way past my house in Bernhards bay. The ice around the islands is still there, so maybe in a week or 2 we will be out and about.

cnypanfisher