• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Showdown (Aqua Vu VPG) vs. Marcum

mhjohns

Well I was planning on picking up a Marcum VX-1 tomorrow, but am now kind of interested in the Nature Vision Showdown. I know they made a lot of changes from last years version, but can anyone tell me how well they actually work compared to a flasher?

My pa has a vexilar. I always would use it instead of him so I went out and got a VPG (It has the upgrades of the showdown) and I probably never will use the vex again. After a while looking at the vex my eyes start going stair crazy. The showdown doesn’t have color, but I don’t see why one would need color. It has five shades of gray and it is easy to tell a fish from your jig. I would not know how the marcum is though, I have never fished with one. Good luck on your choice, you wont be disappointed either way

I appreciate the input. It is really hard to find information on the internet on the units. Also how they interact with other brands.

Is there much delay with the unit? I've heard some people say your line will go down before you see the fish hit the bait.

I have had a marcum for many years, and i would have to say that my unit has been very very strong for myself. Marcum make some awesome units out there, which i have been able to use all year around. There a great product, and you would be very happy with it.

I bought the VPG last year and just love it. I never got a chance to use the flasher(Vex or Marcum). But the VPG is easy to use and with the software upgrade you get a few automatic settings. (Range, Sensitivity, etc.) Only once did I have an issue with interference fishing side-by-side with a Vex. But the software upgrade I got this summer is supposed to fix that. The new Showdown has those upgrades. I would highly recommend the Showdown(VPG).

i love my vx-1 and have had no problems to speak of. havent had any problems with interfence either because themarcums have a lot of power. I also doubt you can read depth through the ice with the VPG which is a nice feature(correct me if im wrong on that) Hope this helps you out

My 2 Cents

Ryan

I have a vex fl-8 and a Marcum LX-3 and I love them both. But obviously the LX-3 is my full time choice and I use the Vex for a back up or a second hole. I bought a VPG a couple months ago and sent it in for the upgrade. Can't wait to see it in action. Truthfully, I think that they are all great! you learn to use what you have and you get good at it and for the most part, all the units are pretty equal. It does come down to the best bang for the buck. And in my opinion, the marcum is better than the vex and if the VPG does what it is suppose to, at it's retail price it may move to my #1!