• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I had a slower than average opener - I only saw a small doe(before legal hours) and a decent 8pt. Sun I saw a 6pt and little nubber that I think I could have walked up to and petted. Had a buck running a doe and grunting like a pig about 20 minutes before daylight... My dad saw a couple year and halfers and doe. Uncle saw couple little does and a decent 8 on Sat and another decent 8 on Sunday. He missed a dandy on Sat in some thick brush. He was grunting and trying to kill a small sapling with a doe and small 6. 11am of course right below his box blind(which he wasn't in!).

Lots of 1.5 and 2.5 bucks this year as well as fawns but a certain shortage of mature does. Couple years of zone T and two years of EAB will do that. I'll get out later this week...the second week of deer camp you know is the greatest time of year!

Good to hear some fellow fmers are having good luck. I managed to get this buck on Sunday afternoon. He's not very big but just couldn't let him walk away on public land. He met my goal of an 8 pointer. I let 12 deer go before I decided to drop this guy, mostly little bucks. Our little group has gotten 4 bucks so far all on opening weekend. Looks like the doe blasts have done there job. Not much around for mature does the way it seems. I will be back out a couple more days. Opening morning I had a wolf chasing a young doe about 20 yds from my stand. Funny how theres grouse everywhere when you got a rifle in your hand grin.gif Good luck the rest of the season.

buck2007.jpg

Well we didnt get any big bucks, although I didnt figure we would, I havent seen any around my area all year. We ended up with 4 for 4, my wife shooting 3 and me shooting the other. Had several opertunities to take out a few more, but didnt get it done. Still had a blast, got some meat for the freezer, and am now looking forward to next year. Although I may head up for the December hunt to get a couple does.

Ended up with an 8-pointer of no significance. Had the 11yr old with me and he enjoyed every moment of the hunt, so I figured that it was worth the kill. Knowing he'll be out with a gun next year, it was a great learning experience for him from leaving to the woods to gutting and caring for the deer. Thankfully I did because that was the only deer I've seen thus far. With losing 400 acres of prime land the last cpl years and only down to a 40 my options are very limited. frown.gif It's meat in the freezer for the family and that is what matters most.

Well it's over and now its cold... time to fish. We ended the season with two does and a total of three bucks of my land. weird season though.. we only seen a total of 4 does all season and 7 bucks totally oppsite of what we normally see.I guess it's a good thing for next year.

Jar Jar