• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guitar Hero

Sandmannd

Quote:

What's the point? When I want to get that guitar hero feeling I go down into the basement, fire up the crown poweramps and some EAW monitors, warm up the Mackie, take out the stratocaster, plug it into the Marshall, let the tubes warm up for a bit, hit the play button on the DAT deck, hit that first cord and jam along.

I just press the power button on my controller and away I go. For under $100

+ the cost of your 360 or playstation.

Just to back up dinkadunk a little, I doubt anyone in the history of time will ever get laid for being good at guitar hero. grin.gif

Anyone catch South Park last night? It was about Guitar Hero.

Quote:

Just to back up dinkadunk a little, I doubt anyone in the history of time will ever get laid for being good at guitar hero.
grin.gif

I guess i've never had any problems getting "laid". tongue.gif LOL

I understand your point though, I wish I had the patience and talent to play an instrument.

Ah, but there is nothing like playing a gig, looking into the crowed, making eye contact, and then taking the sweet young thing out back for some horizontal refreshment during the break.

And to do it when you're ugly - precious cool.gif Seriously though, I see the amount of time my kids would like to spend playing video games and if they spent half that time practicing a musical instrument they would become guitar hero's in short order. From the time I was 12 until 19 I played bass or guitar at least 3 hours a day (often 12 or more). My budies and I would wear out albums and cassett decks trying to figure out the Jimi's. I remember when the Kiss Alive album came out. My friend (guitar player) and I figured out every song on the double album, every solo, guitar parts, everything in a day (long day). At out next band practice we developed a set of 6 Kiss songs and played them at our next gig - man that was perfect (and very good for obtaining the affection of scantily clad young ladies).

I think i am in trouble now.I have been playing guitar hero III the last week in career mode and am getting addicted.Still playing in easy mode but its getting alot easier.Sure is funny how you hear the songs on the radio and you perk right up.Yesturday at work i heard 5 songs within an hour from guitar hero III.DJ might just be another guitar hero junkie grin.gif

Talked the 5 year old into talking his mom into getting this game for me for my 35th birthday for the Wii.

Get this, SHE even plays it!!!

Anyways, it's cool.... wish they had a country version though, so I could just stand there straight up and down with slow strums.

Whoever thought "Raining Blood" by Slayer should be on 'easy' is nuts.

Quote:

Whoever thought "Raining Blood" by Slayer should be on 'easy' is nuts.

Agreed, its the only song on easy I didnt pass on my first try, so I just skipped that song, I tried passing it 3 times, and couldnt. Now I am stuck, trying to beat Tom M. in medium, but I wussed out and bypassed him. I just got gh3 Monday night, its a fight at my house who gets to play, kids or me grin.gif.