• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats your biggest Brule Steelhead??

I have been trying to figure out what a really huge Brule steelhead is, I have fished the river for many years, and my biggest is a 30 incher. My old man claims to have hooked and fought (only to lose it at the net, a 33-34 in fish). So this is just a for fun post, what is your biggest???

I fish the river quite a bit in both fall and spring run. I do all right overall but get maybe a handfull of fish in the 30" range in a season. I guess I don't know for sure what my biggest is. I fish mostly by myself these days and so tend to skip the measurement/photo and move on to the release. The DNR knows exactly how many of them are in and what size they are (there is a camera at the weir). Chat with one of the COs when you see one (and say "thanks" for keeping an eye on things). They'll tell you there aren't too many 30"+ fish in the river. It's safe to say your dad's 34" would have been a beast though.

I do know that a 28" fall run will have it's way with you like it is 40" long...

Lota Lota...

Well, in the book brethren of the brule, he talks about catching 2 or 3 in the 37 inch class...that was some years ago though and Ive never seen one anywhere near that. I'm sure there is the occasional mutant beast stellie though.

hopefully I will be catching my first (and biggest) this weekend. I will be doing some fly fishing and maybe throwing some spawn sacks. It looks like the weather is supposed to cooperate, so hopefully it is a good weekend.

My biggest is 29 inches. I caught that when I first started fishing the brule. I must have just been in the right place at the right time because I didn't know anything about fishing the brule. This pretty much hooked me on steel...

My biggest is 30 and 1/2" on the southshore and a 28 inch Looper or 26 inch Steelhead on the Northshore. Hope to catch a monster this coming weekend, along with everyone else I suppose.