• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are in the ever-weak north bracket, so that "almost" guarantees them a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. Figure Texas as a loss. They will probably see Oklahoma or Texas again in the championship. That will be loss number 3 for sure. Three losses will put them in a bowl game. Heck, 5 losses anymore seems to find teams in some kind of bowl, like the Tidy Bowl, or something of that caliber!

The defense needs to get some things figured out. Like how to play. I think Callahan's okay, but Cosgrove (DC) needs to find himself a new job, possibly at the Kwik-E-Mart. You know it's a rough year when you're worried about the Mizzou game. But I'll still wear my red wherever I go, win or lose.

Prov1900- you're from SSC? Me too. Class of '95.

Life long husker fan here. Lived south of Omaha all my life and now live in Minnesota.

This is the way i look at it. I think Callahan needs to do a little less in state recruiting and more coastal recruiting. Espn said it best when they mentioned that there was one not one person on USC's offense that Callahan even tried to recruit. And the defense, well they need to do the same with Causgrove that they did with Solich 5 years ago. I think Callahan made a big mistake firing Bo Palini. GET RID OF CAUSGROVE. The defense is getting worse each game. Just my two sense.

Duane

Yup. No way Bo Pelini would've let Mizzou put 41 points on the board. Don't get me wrong, Mizzou is a tough team this year, and they have plenty of talent. But the Blackshirts of old would have never let that happen. There was absolutely no fire on the team Saturday, and it's becoming routine.

Cosgrove must go.

You must have forgotten when Pelini got blown out in MO the last time 41-24(1 of 3 blowouts that season). I agree Cos has to go and I am just about ready for BC to go as well. We should try to go get Brent Venebles from OK for the headcoaching job. We could honestly lose the rest of our games this season if you look at the schedule! mad.gif

I say take their Blackshirts away and make them earn them all over again. And the whole Bo Palini thing, wasn't that in his first or second year as cooridanator. Correct me if i'm wrong. Just look what he has done now for the LSU Tigers.

Duane

Quote:

They are in the ever-weak north bracket, so that "almost" guarantees them a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. Figure Texas as a loss. They will probably see Oklahoma or Texas again in the championship. That will be loss number 3 for sure. Three losses will put them in a bowl game. Heck, 5 losses anymore seems to find teams in some kind of bowl, like the Tidy Bowl, or something of that caliber!

Every Saturday this post gets funnier and funnier.

he was only here 2 years, and yes I would love to have him back but he has made it quite known that he wants to head back to the NFL so you need to look for a guy who wants to stay long term. We need coaches with emotion and getting th ekids fired up not sitting on the sidelines with their arms folded looking disgusted.

Quote:

Quote:

Every Saturday this post gets funnier and funnier.

No kidding grin.gif Can you pass the salt and pepper so I can eat those words? That is exactly why I don't gamble. I apologize to the previously "ever weak north bracket".

Theres a nice article on ESPNdotcom about the situation in Nebraska. Interesting read about the fans, the tradition, and the current state of affairs. Osbourne is god out there and he's got a lot of power as an interim A.D.

Huge fan here, I grew up in Lincoln. This whole mess makes me vomit. When I read the article about not letting former players on the field, and denying Peters tickets blah blah blah. Makes me embarrassed to be associated with them.

I like it that Osborne has already sent out a letter to all former players welcoming them back, and telling them they are part of the family and the tradition.

BTW, that big loss to Mizzou when Pelini was here, was more attributed to 3 strt plays by our QB. As I recall he fumbled from center, through an interception, and pitched one over the running backs head. Looked like the missouri Booster club had gotten to him pre-game, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Peterson had blown off Bo Pelini, and after giving Callahan a 5 year extension and a vote of confidence, I don't think there was any way he could turn around and fire him. The U had no choice but to let Peterson go, if they wanted callahan out of there. I think he's gone. And I think that would open the door to bring Bo back. I'd like that hire. If nebraska hires Glen Mason, I'll drive down there and shoot em myself.

I'm so tired of crappy coaches running my teams. Callahan, Green, Tice, Mason, please please please, hire someone with some charisma, and intelligence.

Well, it was a loss, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. They were a different team for the Texas game. A moral victory, I guess. Unfortunately, moral victories are not noted in the win-loss column.

Dang... What have I become? I'm actually applauding a team that lost. Again. This has been, and will continue to be, a very long year.

Cosgrove will be gone at the end of the year, probably immediately after the last regular season game. Callahan, too. But not before then. That wouldn't solve anything. We just have to sit here and take our lumps. I just imagine what it's like to be a Gopher fan, and I feel a little better. The beer helps, too.

I'll give them that, it was a lot better game than the past losses but next year is not looking to good for us either. Out recruiting class is decomitting and dropping like flies. The one thing i don't get is two of out recruits that decommitted has now signed with notre dame. Can't quite figure that one out.

Duane

I couldnt beleive there was talk about mangino running up the score. At the half I thot KU would score 100. Mangino did call off the dogs. I have to admit I am not a Nebraska fan. I just knew from the get-go they werent very good because my wifes hot cousin wanted to talk about it and I`m OK listening to her talk about anything.

Now that was a Nebraska game of old. Looks to me like they should of had Ganz playing the whole year instead of worrying about playing Keller . Just my 2 cents. Maybe the team was trying to make a statement to B.C.But that was a good game. FINALLY!!!