• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quickstrike or anybody else,

How's the water level doing? I think we're coming up Sun. or Mon. (Oct.23,24) Looks like you been gettin some rain. Has it triggered any runs. Me and my buddy mostly spin fish with hardbaits (raps, yozuris). Got a nice lake-run brown last year, mid-day, down from HWY 2. I'ld like to try the night topwater bite. Does the whole system have this potential or is that a pattern that pretty much holds on the more known upper spots. I'm not looking for any specific spots, just general info. I LIKE to search and explore. Thats part of the experience. Thanks for any info.

rascal

The rain helped, the river is in better shape. It is still not high by any means, right around 130 cfps and has cleared up a lot already. Things could change a lot in the month between now and the time you are heading up. That should be a good weekend though, it's the weekend of my birthday and I've always caught fish on my B day! cool.gif......found a few today as well

wink.gif

My Bad,

I meant Sep. 23,24. We were there. Very tough. We tried several stretches downstream from 2. Me and one of my buddies fish mostly minnowbaits and spinners. In the first stretch, slower deeper, up from copper range, I didn't even flash a fish. Very strange. Now, this is kinda new water for me(SE MN is my usual), but raps and yozuris have always turned fish and usually nice ones, as they did last year on a similar stretch on the Brule - last week of Aug. We then checked out a piece of E. Fork Iron creek to check it out and got a 10" on a spinner. Moved a few more but that was it. Back to the Brule down from Copper Range. Fished up from the swing bridge to a BIG pool. Nothing. Not a lot of prime spots, but really enjoyed the easy walking on this piece. Moved up to some more slow water. More nothing. I was amazed that nothing came out of the wood on these slower stretches. My buddy who fly-fishes, picked up something on every stretch, but nothing over 10". Tried a couple pieces of the Nam on the way home with similar results. Oh well. Checked out alot of new water, and thats a good thing. The fishing is always great. The catching, well........

Thanks for all your posts, QS

rascal