• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Table Rock Lake/Shell Knob

I am thinking of making a fall trip down south for some fishing. I have fished Table Rock several times, usually in the spring. Can anyone offer any thoughts as to the best time between now and Nov. 1st to hit the lake? I will be looking for bass and crappies and I don't travel with a fillet knife!!

Thanks in advance.

The closer to Nov the better in my opinion because the cooler the water the better the shallow bite will be. Around the end of Oct there is usually a crankbait or spinnerbait bite along with some top water action. Shallow flats, back 1/3 of creeks, or main lake bays usually work for me...just look for the shad. Also, a great time to catch a big smallmouth on Table Rock as last year I had 3 over 5lbs in Oct and 1 over 6lbs in Nov. I prefer to fish around the highway 13 area to the dam because you have a good shot to catch any of the bass species. I don't fish for crappie much but I am sure they will be around the shad in the cedar trees or brush piles around docks. I will be fishing a few times a week so just shoot me an email before you come down and I will try to help.